Chapter 27: The Senior Party

Magsimula sa umpisa

The more I say the words out loud the more panicked I become, I can't even hide how hard my chest is rising and falling. I turn to Mickey and see a look of panic on his face as well. A panicked dad.

"I'll call Lily. She better not be there, she was going to a friend's place tonight..."

"Thank you" I sigh with a little bit of hope in my voice.

I begin rinsing dishes and putting them into the dishwasher. I have to find her. I will never forgive myself if something happens to her tonight.

"Party at the lake. Some spot that has an old dock. Lily says it's not easy to get to, it has an old road. We aren't from here so I'm not very familiar..."

"No Mickey I know exactly where that is..." I give a nod with a smile.

"You can go Parker, I expect an extra shift next week."

"Deal!" I pat him on the back. "Thanks Mickey!"

I tear my apron off and begin running down Main Street towards the old dock near my home, the one where I read to find some peace.

I just hope I'm not too late.

<><><>

The road to the dock is narrow, barely allowing my vehicle through. There's no light out here, just the dim light of my headlights. I only get halfway down it before I can hear the party, it's loud. Obviously Dan is not in town tonight and they knew that. I spot the clearing and park the car. I don't want to get stuck here by having people pull behind me so I stay as far to the right of the road as I can, this way I don't have to get out close to any raspberry bushes. A trip to the hospital tonight is not in my to-do list and I didn't have time to stop in the house to grab an EpiPen.

I peer into the clearing and spot about fifty people drinking around cars, blasting music, swimming in the lake.   When I was their age I would have been right out here with them. Now all I see is a much of irresponsible kids whose parents have no clue that their children are in danger.

My eyes scan the open area for any sign Gabby. So far, there is not one person here I recognize. Random people fall into me, unable to control their legs with the large sums of alcohol they have already consumed tonight. This makes my worry for her increase exponentially; The party has obviously been going for awhile if these kids are already this shit-faced.

Whoever planned this went all out. Kegs line the divide between the open dirt and the woods behind. There are tables with assorted chips, candy and other baked goodies which I'm sure would make you higher than a kite in a hurricane. Tiki torches line the entire perimeter of the clearing acting as a light source and mosquito control. They also have started a large bonfire, which is placed dangerously close to the line of kegs. Dumbasses. The music is so loud you feel as though the bass has become your own pulse.

I continue to push my way though people, receiving glares from guys who don't know me and second glances from their girlfriends. Tonight I have no interest, there is only one girl I am leaving this party with.

"Thug, I don't recall you going to Luxberg High..." I hear Tyler's arrogant boyish voice behind me.

Do not murder him yet. "This isn't your fight."