chapter 21

"You told me you married Kylie to move on from the past. How could you do that, mate? You've never lied to me before."

Ryan sighed, feeling caught off guard. Liam and Ryan had been like brothers growing up. Guilt washed over Ryan as he licked his lips and offered, "Things with Kylie are... complicated."

Liam raised an eyebrow. "Complicated?" he echoed. "Oh, okay, I get it now. You didn't tell me because you didn't want me to know you were practically betraying the girl behind my back!"

Ryan's eyes flashed with anger. "What makes you think I would do that, Liam? I can't even stand her being near me, let alone being intimate with her."

Liam fired back, "So now Kylie is a whore instead of a murderer? It's funny how her status changes."

Ryan's eyes hardened as he looked away, feeling the urge to confront Liam for the hurtful accusations. "What I do with my wife is none of your business, Liam."

Liam's eyes showed the hurt he felt at Ryan's words. "Really, mate? I've always been there for you. You're like the brother I never had. I hate seeing you like this. The hatred and revenge aren't the real you, Ryan. Come on, man. Don't put Kylie through this. You're so much better than that."

Ryan's solemn gaze met Liam's pleading one. Unsure how to respond, he moved to the chair behind his desk and sat down. Taking a deep breath, he laced his fingers together and said, "Liam, I can't get over what happened. When I see Kylie, all I think of is Violet. L

Liam's expression was one of disbelief. "You gotta be kidding me."

Liam bit his bottom lip. "That's a bit harsh, mate. I've known Kylie for quite some time, and she's not like that. She doesn't do things to hurt people, and she has never disobeyed anyone since I know  her life. Maybe you're not thinking this properly, maybe-"

"Liam, I'm the one who has to live with her. I know what she does and why she does it. She isn't a saint. Do you really take me as someone who will mindlessly hate someone? Kylie is a murderer she think that after I divorce her she's going to get so much money from me.

Liam's argument was wavering. It was true Kylie had only agreed to marry ryan to gain wealth after divorce.  was what Ryan said regarding her true? Was Kylie a leech? But she seemed so sweet and innocent. Surely it wasn't

Admitting his defeat, Liam dropped his shoulders and asked, "what do you plan on doing now?"

Ryan smirked, knowing  he had gotten through to liam. After all, he was the only one thinking logically.  "I plan on breaking kylie. and when she's left empty, I will divorce her and take her to jail

Liam, I hate to say this, but I think Kylie really likes you. Maybe she's changing for the better. Ryan, please try to be understanding and let go of the past. I believe you two can work things out and have a happier life together. But Ryan, why hide everything from me? I thought we were closer than this. Don't be so harsh. Just consider letting her go and finding a peaceful resolution. Revenge won't bring true satisfaction.

Don't forget to vote and comment