Chapter 47: Perfectly Together

~ Charlotte's POV ~

It's Friday morning, we had a nice vacation. Just being in a different area, away from people we know. It feels nice to just be a couple here. I'm currently driving back home, sadly, today's the day we leave. I've been driving for an about two hours and twenty minutes already, just getting off the freeway. I looked over to Jackie and noticed she had fallen asleep. I smiled to myself. Her elbow was propped up by the window and her head was leaning against it. I had a hand on the wheel, her legs are on my lap and I didn't mind. I was lightly stroking her leg as I looked ahead on the road. I looked at my hand that was on the wheel, admiring the wedding band she gave me on Tuesday morning.

I felt her slightly stir awake. I took a glance over at her, "Afternoon, sleepy head." I said and she groaned. "Someone's grumpy, didn't get enough sleep last night?"

"No, I did. I'm grumpy that my phone stopped playing music." She pouted as she began scrolling through her playlist.

"Well, who's fault is that?"

"I forgot to hit the repeat button." She said and I smiled. "I'm finding another song to play." She said as she started to zoom through her playlist. "Ooh, you'll love this song." She said and I looked at her weirdly. "You'll love it, trust me." She smiled widely.

"Okay...?" I hesitated as I slowly hit the gas as a green light came into view.

I found a love for me
Darling, just dive right in and follow my lead
Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet
Oh, I never knew you were the someone waiting for me

I started to laugh lightly as the vocals came in, I smiled and I could hear her lightly singing. Her hand then reached for the one that was stroking her legs.

'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love
Not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time
But darling, just kiss me slow
Your heart is all I own
And in your eyes you're holding mine

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark
With you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass
Listening to our favorite song
When you said you looked a mess
I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it,
Darling, you look perfect tonight

I can't stop smiling, her hand was rubbing mine and my hand was running over the wedding band on her finger. "You are going to kill me one day with all these loving acts."

"It's not an act, honey." She said. I took an inhale as we both sang the song, my eyes still focused on the road, and once in a while through this song, I took glances at her and she's just smiling.

Well, I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know
She shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share her home
I found a love to carry more than just my secrets
To carry love, to carry children of our own

We are still kids but we're so in love
Fighting against all odds
I know we'll be alright this time
Darling, just hold my hand
Be my girl, I'll be your man
I see my future in your eyes

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark
With you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass
Listening to our favorite song
When I saw you in that dress
Looking so beautiful
I don't deserve this
Darling, you look perfect tonight

I finally arrived at the front of our apartment building. Turning in her usual parking spot, I lifted the gear to park as I looked at her. She's just smiling widely at me.