Chapter 37: Only By Touch

A/N: Sorry for the long wait. I've been having so much writer's block and finally thought of a good idea. Plus School has been hell. Over my school breaks, I rewrote my original "By Her Side." So I did all that first before getting back onto this one. Still having lots of blockage from ideas, I managed to muster something up. Hope you like it.

~ Charlotte's POV ~

The doctor came in as I just laid on the bed. Jackie left the room to answer a call from her mother. "Hi Charlotte. How are you feeling after sleep? Any affects?"

I sighed, "I'm feeling much better, haven't felt any affects ever since."

"Okay. After running more test, nothing big in your blood. So I am releasing you to go home and rest. Just make sure to drink plenty of fluids." He said.

I nodded as I sat myself up. He walked over to me and helps getting the IV out of my arm. Grimacing a little and then he nodded at me after. He left and Jackie came back in. She rose an eyebrow at me. "I'm free to head home." I sighed.

"That's great." She said. She helped me get everything I had and we walked out the room, checking out and making sure all my stats are fine to head home once more.

We walked out to her car, her helping me in, it's cute to see her being very caring and protective after what happened. She climbed into the driver seat and looked at me, her hand landed on mine and I smiled at her. Nodding and she leaned over to kiss my lips before we took off back to my apartment.

Helping me in, she closed the door and I sat on the couch. I watched as she walked over to my kitchen and grabbed a glass of water for me. Coming back over and sitting next to me, she handed me the glass of water. "Drink." She said. I didn't protest as I sipped the water a little at a time instead of just chugging it down completely.

"How do you feel?" She asked me.

"Better, and very happy to be back at the apartment." I then sighed, "I have so much to grade before tomorrow." I said as I started to get up.

"Babe, you just got out and I still feel concerned about the drugging. Usually it take about 12 hours, but I'm still concerned. I'll grab you your case and laptop." Jackie said and got up to head into my room to grab my work.

"Thank you sweetie." I said as I grabbed out the stack of quizzes and homework. I sat there grading and she just sat next to me, watching me, probably making sure I didn't over work myself or anything.

<><><><><>

~ Jackie's POV ~

I left my overnight bag in her room, she had taken a shower to wash off all the alcohol smell that was still lingering on her clothes. I'm currently standing in the kitchen making pasta. I took at glance at the clock and it's 7:00pm.

Hearing the door open and her footsteps towards the kitchen, I felt Charlotte's hand wrap around my waist. "That smells really good." She smiled and kissed my temple.

I took the spoon that was stirring the pasta and held it up to her. Her smile widened as she tasted the food. "And?"

"Delicious." She replied.

After dinner, Charlotte's sitting on the couch, I finished washing the dishes and went over to her and she took my hands as she pulled me into her, I felt her hands run up my body, to my neck and slightly cupped my cheeks, pulling me into her and kissed my lips.

"Mmm..." We separated and I spoke, "Do you mind, if I take a shower?" I asked and she gave me a look.

"You don't even have to ask me." She said.