The Gang

(Kirstie's POV)

I sat on the couch as I looked at the clock for the hundredth time.

I sighed as I saw it was 2:00 in the morning and Mitch still hasn't came home yet. I sank down into the couch and stared at the tv screen.

Another half hour passed before I heard the front door open. My head whipped around and I saw Mitch removing his jacket with a couple of cuts on his face and bruises on his arms.

I sighed and stood up, startling him.

"Hey honey, thought you'd be asleep. How was your day?" He said and walked over to me.

"Hey honey, thought you'd be home by now." I said coldly and crossed my arms over my chest.

Mitch sighed and looked into my eyes.

"I know, I'm sorry. I promise it won't happen again." He said and cupped my cheek. I slapped his hand away and he looked surprised.

"You've said that every night this week Mitch! I miss my husband, I haven't seen you at all this week! It's pretty fucking miserable if you ask me!" I yelled out of frustration, tears threatening to spill from my eyes.

"Kirstin, you know I'm just doing my job... How else would we pay the bills? Pay for food?" He said, his face getting red from anger and his eyes turning slightly darker.

"I don't know, you could find another job! I don't like you being in that damn gang, it's changing you, and not in a good way!" I yelled, the room filled with silence, a very tense silence.

"Me or the gang." I mumbled.

"What?" He said looking at me, my eyes fixed on the ground.

"Me or the gang! Pick, you only get one because I can't keep living like this!"

"You're unbelievable, you know that? The only reason why I'm in that gang is so I can get money to make you happy!"

"Pick one already!" I screamed.

Mitch didn't respond, he just stared at the ground.

I scoffed and headed towards the door. Until Mitch grabbed my arm, I struggled to get out of his grip.

"Please don't go... I need you." He said, pulling me close into his chest.

I shook my head and tried to pull away, but Mitch wouldn't budge.   

I sighed in defeat and leaned my head against his chest.

"I just don't want you to get hurt..." I said as a single tear fell down my cheek.

He lifted my chin so that I was looking at him and he gave me a soft smile.

"I'm going to be okay. I swear." I sighed and shook my head.

"I still won't be able to see you that much." I said and looked away.

"Maybe we just weren't made for each other." I said and got out of his grip.

"What?" He said and looked shock by my words.

"Maybe we just weren't made for each other. Mitch, I just need some time to think." I said, my chest tightening as I looked up and saw the pain flash in his dark eyes.

I pushed passed him and started to run down the street.

"Kirstin! Kirst, please wait!" I heard him yell, which only made me run faster. I slowed down as I got to the cemetery and I stopped at my mothers grave.

"Uhhg, mom what do I do? I love him but I don't want to get hurt, I really don't want him to get hurt either.

I laid there for about an hour, talking about random shit. I decided to go to Scott's house, hoping he was there.