Kirstie's Problem

(A/N: Heyy so thank everyone who has helped get these One Shots to 300 reads!
😆😆😆 That makes me so happy and I want to thank you guys once again, annnnd back to the One Shots! BTW: Sorry for the old picture. 👆👆👆)
-------------------------------------------------------------

(Trigger Warning)

(Third Person POV)

Kirstie sat in the bathroom, letting the blade that she broke off of her razor slide across her skin.
Why do I have to do this?
She thought to herself as she added another cut.
Why do I have to be so sad and hate myself so much that I self harm myself?
Why do I have to starve myself to make myself look at the most decent?
It was true. She had anorexia. And she's had it for a while.
Why do I have to be... incurable?
"Kirstie? Honey, are you okay? You've been in there a while." Her cutting session was cut short by her boyfriend, Mitch, knocking on the bathroom door.
Kirstie started to panic.
"Y-yeah, I'm fine!" She answered and turned on the water in the sink to wash away the blood.
"Well, can you come out?" He asked.
"Umm, yeah. Just wait a sec!" She said and dried off her arms then pulled her sleeves down.
She walked to the door and opened it, revealing Mitch with his arms crossed over his chest.
"Hi." Kirstie said and looked down.
"Give me your arms." Mitch said and Kirstie's heart began to race.
"W-what?" Kirstie asked, completely shocked, and looked up.
Mitch sighed.
"Give me your arms." He said, slower.
Kirstie just stood there, staring at him.
Mitch sighed, again, and grabbed Kirstie's wrist.
She winced in pain and Mitch instantly let go.
"Mitch, please." Kirstie said with tears in her eyes.
But he didn't listen. This time, instead of grabbing her wrists, he grabbed her forearms.
"Mitch please. Stop!" Kirstie begged, but it was to late. He had already pulled back the sleeve and saw her wounds. At this point, there were tears pouring down both of their faces.
"Why?" Mitch asked as he stared into Kirstie's eyes.
She shook her head.
"I... I-I don't know! All of this started when Jeremy broke up with me." The petite woman sobbed and Mitch brought her into a hug.
"Hey, shh... it's okay. I'm gonna get you help." Mitch said as he rubbed her back.
She snatched herself away from him.
"No! Mitch please don't send me to a mental hospital! I can't stay locked in a white room for the rest of my life!" She sobbed/screamed.
"Honey, I'm not sending you away. I would miss you to much. I'm going to get someone to help you." He said and approached her. Kirstie started to back away.
"Oh my god. Mitch, you're sending me to a therapist! Mitch, they're gonna think I'm insane and send me to an insane asylum! That's worse than the hospital!" Kirstie cried and ran past Mitch.
"Kirstie wait!" He yelled and ran after her.
She went into the kitchen and grabbed a huge knife from a draw. She held it up to her neck and closed her eyes.
"No!" Mitch screamed ,with tears streaming down his face, and snatched the knife away from her.
"Mitch, give it back!" She screamed at her boyfriend who is bawling.
He threw the knife across the room and wrapped his arms around his sobbing girlfriend's arms.
Kirstie was trying to break lose, but it was no use.
The more she struggled, the tighter the embrace got.
Kirstie finally gave up and collapsed onto the floor, bringing Mitch down with her. The couple stayed like this, a sobbing mess on the floor, for a while.
"M-Mitch, why w-won't you let m-me die? It's the
o-only way to m-make the p-pain stop!" Kirstie cried, making Mitch cry harder.
"Kirstie, baby, you don't have to die. All you need to do is go to a therapist, I'll even go with you. Please! Please let me help you!" Mitch begged.
Kirstie shook her head.
"Mitch, they'll send me away! I'm telling you, they w-" Kirstie was cut off by Mitch.
"No they won't! They're meant to help people like you! That have this problem! For the people who self harm themselves! For the people who starve themselves to the point that they're skin and bones! For the people who hate themselves so much that they think the only way to make the pain stop is to die! That's not normal, but that's what therapists do! They help people who aren't normal! People who have problems!" Mitch screamed/cried.
Kirstie stayed silent.
"Kirstie..." Mitch said after a minute of silence.
"Kirstin, please answer me!" Mitch said, worriedly.
He turned Kirstie around in his lap and she was looking down.
"Kirstie..." He said and brought her into a hug.
"S-S-So I have a p-problem?" Kirstie finally said and laid her head on Mitch's chest.
Mitch sighed in relief.
"Yes sweetie, I'm sorry but you do." Mitch replied.
"Okay... I'll try it." She said after a minute.
"Try what?" Mitch asked.
"Therapy..." Kirstie said.
"Oh baby that's awesome!" Mitch said excitedly and hugged her tighter.
Kirstie sighed and Mitch felt her start to shake.
"Honey, it's okay. Don't be scared. I'm gonna go to therapy with you!" Mitch said and lifted up Kirstie's head.
He connected their lips and after a minute, he felt Kirstie stop shaking.
Kirstie wrapped her arms around Mitch's neck and Mitch wrapped his arms around her waist.
Pulling her impossibly closer.
Kirstie pulled away because she needed air.
"Mitch, are you gonna help me fix my problem?" Kirstie asked as she stared into Mitch's eyes.
"Of course I am." He said and connected their lips once again.