Chapter 21: The Mistress and The Slave

For several minutes, the two of us were silent. I threw my legs over the side of the couch, then stood up. Rose stood facing the door away from her. Against the quiet white of the walls and furniture, she was like a silhouette, strong and silent.

I tentatively approached behind her.

"Mistress?" I said softly.

Her head dropped, and she took a slow, deep breath. Her shoulders rose and fell, then she turned to me. Her hands reached for mine, and she undid the handcuffs. She let them fall to the floor, then stumbled backwards into a nearby leather overstuff chair. She rubbed her hand over her face and took another deep breath.

"Is he...gone for good?" I asked.

She nodded. "Yes, he won't be coming back.

I kneeled down in front of her. She opened her legs so I could scoot up to her with her thighs against my ribcage. I could've wrapped my arms around her waist.

Instead, I held her face in my hands.

"I love you, Hannah."

She closed her eyes as they began to surge with tears. She looped both her fingers in my collar, and pulled my face close to hers.

"I'm yours forever, Hannah Steele" I said. "No matter your past, no matter you faults. I'm your humble servant. No dark crevice of you could ever scare me away."

Rose looked down at me. Her eyes were glazed with water like rain on the pavement. But she looked at me with a soft smile. She leaned forward, and ran her fingers through my hair. I snuggled into her touch. Her voice was a soft, snake-like whisper.

"Then stay in my temple" she said. "Worship me as my slave. And you and I will live in paradise forever, together, and make love amongst the stars."

THE END.