Chapter 8: Confession

"Mistress?"

I peeked my head through the door of the penthouse. The place was quiet, with only the muffled pulse of the party that had returned down below. I stepped inside and shut the door behind me, leaving me in the silence.

I heard a sniffle coming from the living room. I turned the corner, and saw Rose laying on the sofa with her hands to her face.

"Mistress" I said softly.

She sat up straight, her face still buried in her hands. She whipped a tear from her eyes, a streak of makeup running down.

"I hate showing emotion" she said. "Especially in front of you. I swore I'd never let an employee see me like this."

"What Mr. Grey did was horrible" I said, kneeling down to her. "I could never judge you for crying after that."

I looked down at her hands in her lap, and wondered if she'd allow me to hold them. She stood up from the sofa, straightening her back and pulling herself together.

"It doesn't matter now" she said. "Everyone saw it. He'll be all over the tabloids and magazines tomorrow. His reputation will be ruined. He's inflicted karma on himself." She sighed. "Now, there's another man gone."

"You don't deserve men like Tristen Grey" I said. I dared to put my hand on her cheek. She didn't snap it away. "You're a beautiful, intelligent, successful woman. He's not good enough for you."

She held my hand on her cheek for a moment. Her tears evaporated and a small smile appeared, more innocent and girlish than I'd ever seen on her. I gave a small grin back to her.

Yes, please smile  my inner thoughts begged. Please smile. Please let me make you happy. Please like me.

"Do you really think that?" she asked softly. "Or are you only flattering me because you're my butler?"

"I never say a compliment I don't truly mean"

Suddenly, her sweet, innocent smile stretched into a mischievous smirk. Her palm pressed flat on my chest, and pushed me back until my back hit the wall.

"Mistress, what are you---"

Her fingers trailed over my shirt, her long black nails teasing at the buttons. A grin stretched slowly across her face.

"I like you, Thomas" she said, she put a hand to my cheek. "You're such a nice boy. So sweet, so polite. So good at doing what you're told."

"Thank you, mistress" I said with a gulp. "But I---"

Her lips moved to my neck, and trailed up and down without kissing. I tipped my head as all the blood rushed downward.

"You're such a good butler" she said. "The things I would have you do for me..."

Her hand slivered down to my belt, and slowly began to undo it.

"Mistress, I---" I stopped her hand. "We can't...I can't..."

"You're so shy, it's adorable" she said. "But now I need you to..."

"I can't, Miss Delacourt. I'm not...I mean...I haven't...I never..."

I couldn't get the words out. I didn't need to. Rose's face slowly dropped, and she removed her hands from my belt. She was as insightful as she was beautiful. She knew.

"You're a virgin?" she finally asked.

I bit my lip, and looked down at the floor. All the blood that was previously down below started rushing back up to my face.

"I didn't think you were" she said. "I just assumed you were inexperience or simply bashful, but I never suspected you were a virgin. You're such a sweet young man, how has no girl ever wanted you?"

"Apparently 'sweet' is not what girls want" I said. "They want dominant guys. Guys who take control. Guys like Tristen Grey."

She stared at me for a moment, then took my face in her hands. I was forced to look into her eyes as they bore into me.

"I've been looking for someone like you for a very long time" she said. "And now that I have you, I will assure that you are mine."

She let go of my face then took my hand, and began guiding me towards the hall.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"To the bedroom. I'm going to leave my mark on you, Thomas Luxembourg."