Chapter 2

"Maybe we can umm..."

"Let's see..."

We decided to basically sneak around and try not to be noticed.

We went around the ally way, and off to find Aspen.

Before we came to Aspen's house, both Scarlet and I snuck around the alleys in between the enormous metal buildings stacked side by side like rows of dominos. After about ten minuets, we reached the edge of the city where we've always known Aspen to live.

His house is probably the closest thing to a Section 2 house that you could find. Most people here live in the city, in fancy obscure metal buildings towering high up in the sky, unlike Aspen and his family.

When we came closer to the house, we noticed about a dozen people outside. Most dressed in traditional Gera green uniforms holding guns.

One soldier was dragging Aspen to by his feet as he screeched at the top of his lungs and clawed at the ground, desperate to claw his way back to his family. His mother stood by the entrance way of the house, screaming for her son back. Another soldier held both of her arms back.
Everything I was seeing was horrifying. I couldn't even move as my eyes fixed on the scene. I dazed out of it right as I realized Scarlet was shaking my arm to pull me away behind a nearby tree.
But, it was too late. I froze again. The only thing in my vision that I could see was two guards speeding towards us.

- - - -

Both me and Scarlet where in handcuffs being dragged across miles of field for who knows how long. I hadn't noticed when the city landscape turned into a flat area with only dark green grass and dense forest on both sides. Where were they taking us? I had yet to find out. I avoided the obvious choice of jail, or even worse thoughts. I pushed those thought out of my mind for good.

I stared up to the stiff soldier with big eyes wile Scarlet was still trudging strait ahead into nothingness. That stupid soldier is currently grabbing my arm. He had been silent this whole time along with the other four soldiers, Scarlet, and I.

"Can we talk ye- "

"Be quiet."

But I need to..."

"Shut up!," said the soldier now agrivated. But I was too.

"I WILL PEE RIGHT HERE IF YOU DO NOT LET ME GO TO THE BATHROOM!"

I'm not even sure where "bathroom" meant considering where we are. It didn't look like we where going to see any form of life for a long time. My feet are killing me from walking here. The soldier must have not been thinking strait because he was fast to tell me that I could go behind a tree deep into the woods with no handcuffs. Right when I got where I needed no be, I scoped out the area. I obviously didn't really have to go to the bathroom.

To my right, trees

To my left, trees

Strait, even more trees

What was I even doing? I don't have a plan.

Soon enough, though, I just ran. And kept running until my legs couldn't take it anymore until the blur of trees and bark and mud merged together and made me dizzy. I stopped and looked around to see where I was. It looked like I was in the same spot of where I started! How big was this forest?

I can't think strait anymore. I am pretty sure, now, that I am going to pass out right here. Soon enough, I collapse to the ground beneath me full of mud and damp leaves. Before I black out, I think about Scarlet, how I left her behind on her way to who knows where.