Side Chapter 3 - Levi's Past

A/N: I know there's already been a regular chapter that has the same chapter title. But this one here is a side-chapter ^^

I really wanted and needed to write it, so that all of you can understand Levi because the second part of his past life (living with Kenny, in the orphanage and with Farlan and Isabel) had been a mystery up until now. But there are important events that made him the way he used to be in this fic at first.

So I hope you can enjoy this chapter, even if it doesn't have much Ereri :')

↑ A messy sketch of how I imagined teenager Levi to look like I did long time ago (I'm no artist though haha)

Also, there's fic art! *^*

A mutual of mine drew "I'm Levi's" fanart! I love it sooo much, it looks gorgeous! <3 As far as I know, links will be shown at the bottom of this chapter :o I hope it worked...

(It took me 3 days to edit and proofread this long chapter, so I am sorry for any mistakes that are left)

---

Levi

"You're going to visit your family?" I asked while I did the dishes.

"Yeah." Eren, next to me, who would dry the clean dishes I gave him, answered softly. "Mikasa got first place in a competition that her university had hosted, so now we kinda want to celebrate a little; you know, music and lots of food and stuff. Mom would really like to see me there."

I hummed an approval, not really swayed by that newly gained information. Hence, I went on with doing my dishes without further inquiries.

Eren was the one who revived a conversation by suggesting, "How about you come with me? Yeah, that would give you an opportunity to finally meet my parents." I faced him, spotted a broad smile on his face.

Even this didn't really stir anything inside. At least not yet, not now, not today. "The idea of meeting your parents is a nice idea and of course a necessary one at some point, if I dare say, but today I don't feel like wanting to go to a festivity."

I was given a pout and slight doubt in return. "I know you don't like parties, but you sure you don't want to go today? With me?"

"I am. It's okay, Eren. I don't mind it at all that you're going alone-if that is what you were worrying about."

"But one day you have to meet my family for sure!" Eren announced promptly, body stretched with determination. "Okay?"

"Of course." A petite upcurve of my lips as I seized his towel to dry my hands. When done, I leant against the kitchen counter with my back, hands planted onto the edge. "I prefer meeting your family without any strangers around us. Let's make that moment an unhurried one."

Eren dropped his gaze to the sink for a second, seeming to mull over my words. He nodded repeatedly. "Mh, yeah, yeah. Sounds good. Okay, fine." The beam on his face was back.

"Also with you going to your family it's a good opportunity for me to visit my own family as well. I hadn't seen Cassie and Richard for a while now."

Eren formed a small 'o' with his mouth, closing the distance to me. He lay his hands next to mine on each side, leant forward until chest was pressed against chest. "You're right. That's the best thing to do for now."

His other towel rounded his neck so I took both ends and edged his face closer to mine, until my lips grazed his forehead. "When are you leaving?" I spoke into his smooth hair.