"It's not like I'm ready to pop," she told him.
He glanced at her from the corner of his eye. "Pop?"
She shook her head. "Not literally. I mean it's not as if I'm going to give birth tomorrow. I'm still able to walk fine."
"Should there be a moment you need to escape-"
"Sesshy," she stopped him from talking any further and held his arm. "Walking will be good for the baby. And the moment you sense the slightest amount of danger, I'll stay with Taiyo. I promise."
He breathed out softly. "Very well."

Lyra made a sound of victory causing Sesshomaru to furrow his brows at her. She just grinned at him in return.

"Ha ha, you can't scold me because you love me," she teased in a sing-song voice before adding something extra. "Plus I'm having your baby, so you have to keep me happy. Hey, that rhymed!"
Sesshomaru just looked ahead again. "I am surprised at how I'm able to put up with you."
She gasped as though she was offended. "Put up with me? I'm pretty sure you knew this was part of the package when you declared your love for me all those months ago."

He just made a sound of disapproval and decided not to say anything more. She was right after all. Her constant chattering had initially annoyed him when she first arrived but he grew to love it. Even those childish moments she had was something he loved about her as well. Lyra knew she was right. She slipped her hand into his and interlocked their fingers together. Sesshomaru subconsciously just held her hand in return.

"Lyra, two. Sesshomaru, zero," she noted.

Again, he glanced at her from the corner of his eyes before looking ahead once more. But something caught his attention. He stopped walking and turned his head to look up towards his right. Lyra turned to him.

"What is it?" she asked.

At that moment through the fog, she saw a silhouette of something flying down. It split, a large feather blowing away as the person sitting on top dropped down. 'Kagura?' She had only seen her a few times but she knew about her and how she wished to be freed from Naraku's grasp. Kagura landed in the water, causing Lyra's eyes to widen. She was unconscious.

"What is that?" Jaken asked, trying to get a good look at who it was. "Huh?"
Lyra let go of Sesshomaru's hand. "It's Kagura!" she exclaimed as she stepped forward.

He quickly caught her arm so she didn't get too close to the edge of the stream. It was quite rocky so she could easily fall in. Rin went towards Jaken out of curiosity.

"I think something's wrong with her," Rin said.
Jaken looked to his master. "Whatever shall we do, Lord Sesshomaru?"
"Forget about her," he answered. "We're going."

He resumed his walking, making sure to keep hold of Lyra. She frowned softly as she tried to resist but his hold on her arm was firm.

"Sesshomaru, she's hurt," she tried reasoning with him. "We should help her."
"I said no."
"Hey, Rin!" Jaken yelled.

Sesshomaru and Lyra stopped walking and turned their heads to see that Rin had entered the stream without permission. Lyra's eyes nearly popped out of her sockets as she automatically tried to go after her but luckily Sesshomaru still had hold of her.

"Rin!" Lyra called. "Get out of there!"
"She'll be washed away!"

Rin grabbed Kagura's hand and tried pulling her. Unable to do so, her hand slipped out of Kagura's and she fell into the water before flapping her arms about. Lyra thought her heart was going to stop but she saw Jaken jump in to grab her.

"Honestly! What are you thinking?" he asked, having enough of all the drama.
"Master Jaken!"
"Grab onto this, stupid!"

Jaken held out his staff. But just as she grabbed hold of it, they both fell into the water. Lyra watched in horror as they both got pulled along the water with Kagura. They both screamed.