day dream daydream

i know i'm three days late but i was on a trip so i couldn't write anything 

So Hope World dropped on March 2nd KST with the music video Daydream MV, making it BTS' first official release of 2018! The mixtape has seven tracks in total and they all explore a variety of genres and topics, and of course, are complete bops. I still haven't chosen my favourite song yet because i love them all so much, but what's yours?

 I'm like super duper proud of hobi, he's been working so hard, pouring his heart and soul into this mixtape for more than a year now and he truly deserves all the recognition he's getting. Did you hear about those? Daydream dethroned LY : HER and Black Panther on the iTunes chart, and Daydream earned 1M likes in less than 2 hours, beating DNA's and MIC Drop's records that took a few hours AND Hoseok is currently the solo artist with the most #1s on the iTunes Chart. So basically, he' outcharted, outsold and outdid his own group. It's BTS vs the members now, lol.

Daydream MV was honestly very bright and flooding with vibrant, eye-catching vivid colours and a lot of, well, odd illusions which suited the concept/theme of "daydream" very well. I found it quite similar to DNA mv, actually and some scenes are like BTS jpn. version . As referenced in the lyrics, it was like alice's wonderland or hogwarts. A world of mirages.

 As for the theories, there has been no super complex ones except of "WHO IS THE MEMBER THAT hAD A CAMEO IN THE MV?" which set all ARMYs to go Sherlock Mode. And also, there's a small connection to airplanes/sleeping. Y'all remember LOVE YOURSELF poster right?  There's an airplane in the sky in hoseok's one. And, i connect sleep too because hoseok is often associated with sleep/beds/lying down in other music videos like INU, RUN, MAMA SHORT FILM and it may or may not be related to his hyyh/wings character having Munchhausen syndrome.  ALSO!! FISH!! CRUSING LIKE NEMO!! 

In both the lyrics and mv, we see that hobi wishes to escape from the present and reality and live in a world crafted by his imagination. He doesn't want to surrender(?) to the real life and wants to keep sleeping and dreaming. He wants a "different picture in his life". He wants a world where he can do whatever he desires without a worry and feels comfortable in being himself.

But he knows it won't last forever, and he has to come down from the cloud. Which is shown later in the end of the mv, Hoseok tell someone (probably himself) to "wake up". 

enough of the mv! now the song.

daydream has a very funky, carefree and fresh vibe, very much jhope-like and it's the type of song that you instantly like, you know, you start dancing to it when you hear it. You can actually fele how much effort they have put for this mixtape because every song, including daydream is well written and produced. i can't find any flaw tbh.

and can we talk about how GOOD HOBI LOOKS??LIKE GODDAMN LEMME SHARE SOME GIFS

(that parted hair BINCH)

he looks so cuddly here BPLease

(tHE tRanSITION DOE)