"What for?" Zoey asked. 

"I have a sonogram today, and I'm supposed to meet Harry there in less than thirty minutes." I pulled my jeans back on, and I felt my stomach before putting my shirt back on. Three months wasn't a lot, but it was enough for a solid bump to start forming on my abdomen. 

"Good luck with that. It's going to take you thirty minutes just to get across town in traffic," she said. She was completely right. Poor planning was definitely a factor in my misguided decisions of scheduling today. 

"Shit. I've gotta go now, then." I slid my shirt on and quickly looked at the price tag for dress. I shrugged at the price and wrote out a quick check for it. I grabbed my bag from a hanger and ran out the door. I gave the check to Zoey, and she got the dress from the room. "Just give the woman the check for me, and tell her that I'll call her to set up an appointment for the bridesmaid dresses." 

"Okay, I'll drop the dress off at your house later." 

I spun on my heels and held my hand, as if I were motioning for her to stop. "No, don't! Harry can't see the dress. Keep it at your house until I can find a good enough hiding spot for it." 

I didn't let her respond. Instead, I just ran through the door towards the Escalade parked out front. 

I made perfect timing. I pulled into the parking lot of the hospital exactly when Harry did. 

"Hey, how'd it go?" he asked me. He kissed my forehead quickly before we walked into the waiting room together. 

"Fine. We actually found a dress. After two weeks of searching for over four hours everyday we actually found one." I laughed nervously as people began to look at us. I folded my hands over my tiny stomach and gave it a little pat. 

"Rachel?" I turned around to see Doctor Evans standing in the entrance of a small hallway. Harry got up and helped me up. We walked together towards Doctor Evans and she led us down the hallway and into a small, dark room that had machines buzzing. "You can lay down right there, Rachel." 

I laid down on the bed and waited for further instructions. Harry looked more nervous than I, so I grabbed onto his hand and squeezed it reassuringly. 

"Can you lift up your shirt just a little bit, please?" I did what she asked, and she got out the weird gel stuff that I had only heard of but never seen. "This is going to be cold at first, but you'll forget all about it when you see the picture on the monitor."

I smiled at Harry when I saw his eyes light up at the sight of my growing stomach. I gasped and grew wide eyed when the gel was squeezed onto my stomach.  

Doctor Evans laughed. "I told you it was cold." She looked over at the monitor while she moved the wand around on my stomach. "I'll find it here in just a... Oh, there it is. That's your little baby."

What was on the screen was mesmerizing. Having something that small and fragile growing inside of you could really change a person. I was softer, more emotional, now. Not just because of the pregnancy, either. I was changing. I don't think this is how Simon, er, Dad had pictured it, but Harry really was changing me for the better. Although it involved sex and a few tears, he still managed to change me. 

"That's your baby," I whispered to him with complete happiness. 

"That's our baby, Rachel. It took two to make her, and it's going to take two to raise her, to teach her right from wrong, to show her how to ride a bike, to teach her how to drive, to-"

"Harry, I get it!" I kissed him full on the lips, and Doctor Evans coughed to get our attention.

"Rachel, Harry. I'd like you to meet Doctor Hunter. He'll be assisting me in the delivery room when the time comes." She gestured over to a man that stood up against the door. How had I not known he was there?