“If they knew it wouldn't end well,” Mia said. She paused for a minute, getting an idea. “The reason the Alpha keeps pushing Jay is because you haven't gone out with anyone, right?” Eve nodded slowly and Mia went on. “So maybe if you went out with someone, he would make him lay off. Right now, for all he knows you could be keeping away from Jay because you don't want a mate. You've always been independent and if you got a mate that would change, especially if you they were of Alpha lineage. But if you go out with someone else, that shows you actively looking for a mate. And if you do that, than the Alpha will get that you aren't Jay's mate. Jay can't keep going with that story if you show them otherwise.”

            “And who would I go out with?” Eve asked, considering the solution.

            “Don't act like you don't still think Travis and Carlos are hot,” Mia smiled. “Mate or not, no one can deny that.”

            “True,” Eve laughed. “But I would feel bad. It's basically like I would be using them. The whole time I wouldn't even be thinking about them.”

            “So then do something small,” Mia said as she got up. “Come on, we're at a party right? Dance with one of them a few times. That should be enough for Alpha to get the idea.”

            “Fine,” Eve said. “I still think its wrong.”

            “Please, it's not like I'm telling you to make you with them,” Mia said, rolling her eyes. “Though that would definitely get the point across but whatever. Now come on.” Eve and Mia made their way to their friends, hearing along the way that the Alpha and Beta went into the woods to look into an unfamiliar scent one of the others came across earlier. After a few minutes of talking to her friends, Eve noticed Jay making his way towards her and she suppressed the urge to groan. Instead she grabbed Travis' hand and pulled him towards where others were dancing.

            “Dance with me,” she said with a smile and Travis agreed. Jay watched in jealousy as Eve danced against Travis. He wanted to pull them apart and make her dance with him but Ian was watching him from a distance and Chris came up next to Eve and Travis to dance with his mate. After a few minutes of irritation, his anger took over and he charged forward pulling Travis away from Eve. Travis stumbled backward before righting himself to glare at Jay.

            “What the hell is your problem?” Travis demanded. “And don't give me any of that Alpha lineage bullshit either. I don't care who's son you are, you don't touch me.”

            “And yet I just did,” Jay said with a smirk. “What are you going to do about it?” Without a word, Travis punched Jay in the face breaking his nose. Blood gushed down and Jay fell to the floor after losing his balance. Breaking his back into place before it could heal, Jay wiped the blood on the back of his hand and started getting up. Halfway to his feet, he changed his mind and charged forward tackling Travis to the floor a few feet away.

            “Chris, stop them!” Eve yelled.

            “Travis can handle himself,” Chris said calmly. “See.” Travis and Jay had exchanged punches easily until Travis landed one in Jay's stomach and then another under his jaw, sending him backwards. Before either one could do any more damage, Tom, Jay's older brother, came over and dragged Jay backwards and up by his collar. Travis stood up from the ground, straightening his clothes.

            “Why are you two fighting?” Tom asked, looking between them both. “This is a party not a fight club.”

            “Well tell that to your ass of a brother,” Eve said. “He's the one who started it.”