FIVE

🥀CHAPTER FIVE | MAN OF STEEL🥀

EVERYONE STOOD THEIR GROUND AROUND THE FACILITY GETTING THE PLAN INTO MOTION

EVERYONE STOOD THEIR GROUND AROUND THE FACILITY GETTING THE PLAN INTO MOTION. Barry and I were in the military truck while Bruce and Diana were on their way with their plan. Barry sat in the front seats while I stayed in the back with my suit. The back of the truck was dark except for the silver snake bracelets and the whip.

"Okay!" Barry said loudly while taking the ID from the officer at the booth. I sighed in relief knowing that Victor had hacked into the system successfully.

Barry drove the room where we needed to go. Once we got there, Arthur, Victor, Bruce, and Diana were there. I looked at Superman's coffin and made a distasteful look.

"This is the most beloved man in the world and he gets a tacky coffin," I shook my head slightly but stopped when Diana gave me a look.

"Let's get going," Bruce commented before leading us to close metal doors, they worked their way around it and it opened. They walked slowly towards the room and the walls were dark grey and looked like metal, it was needless to say no one had any clue what was going to happen.

When I looked down all I saw was a weirdly colored liquid and I tilted my head before Victor interrupted me, "This is amazing."

"You better know what you're doing," Arthur added while looking at both Barry and Vincent. The coffin was on the ground and Arthur slowly opened it to look inside only to find what we expected.

Arthur went into the golden-yellow liquid with Clark Kent's body and placed him carefully while Victor went and got the Mother Box ready. There was a silver metal post which was basically a remote control for whatever they were doing.

"Lex Luthor fried the circuits bringing his creature to life," Victor added, "There's not enough charge to wake the box."

"I might be able to do it," Barry quickly added, "I might be able to jump-start it up. If I can get enough distance, I can conduct a significant electrical current. I might be able to wake the box. If that's... still what we want." He looked around at everyone to make sure they all agreed on everything.

"We have to try," Bruce said.

Barry then used his speed to run as far back as he could, "Far end of the line, I'm ready."

Victor spoke to him through his earpiece, "The Mother Box is in position, you have to touch the other box as soon as it hits the liquid. Five."

"Diana's right, this is a bad idea," Arthur said worriedly,

"Four. Three. Two." The box dropped from the destined height and all you could see was the flash of blue lightning making its way around the room. Barry then managed to touch the tip of the corner and bang into the side of the wall. Everyone stared at the liquid wondering if the plan had worked.