FOUR

🥀 CHAPTER FOUR | SUPERMAN 🥀

EVERYONE WAS SILENT ON THE ELEVATOR RIDE TO THE BATCAVE

EVERYONE WAS SILENT ON THE ELEVATOR RIDE TO THE BATCAVE. Barry kept staring up in awe at the grey walls around. The elevator came to a sudden stop and a wide door opening, the light shining through. Everyone stepped out and Barry's eyes were wide as if he were a kid in a candy store. 

"Wow. It's like a cave," Barry said enthusiastically before running around the cave and the blue lightning flashing in everyone's eyes, "Like a Batcave." Everyone stood in a circle and Bruce called out to Barry who was sitting the Batmobile while looking around. 

I stood with my hands in pockets while putting weight on left leg, Victor held the Mother Box which was the topic of conversation. 

"My father called it the change engine," he started, "It was found by the British after World War I. They studied it but they couldn't even date it. It's so old. It was shelved, until the night Superman died. Then she lit up like Christmas. They brought it to STAR Labs where my father recognized it as a perpetual energy matrix." 

"That's sound cool," Barry added, "I thought it was like a nuclear bomb." 

"A Mother Box destroys as it creates," Victor explained, "It's a cycle of life, but a million times faster. My father thought it was the key to unlimited energy. New formulas, cellular regeneration, but it's too volatile to control." 

As Victor spoke, I realized that his father used the box's energy on him. To bring him back and to keep him alive. I wondered if the box would be able to bring my parents back but even that felt impossible. I wanted them back more than anything but it wasn't the top priority right now. The world needed saving. If there was no world, where would they go? 

"He used it on you," Bruce said. 

"I was in an accident," Victor started, "I should've died. My father thought that he could use the Mother Box to rebuild the broken parts of me with a few cybernetic enhancements. Instead, he built a living a machine. I may be stronger than its host." 

"Too much. Too much life." Bruce added. 

Arthur stepped up to the group after looking around the Batcave, "What's on your weird mind?" He asked towards Bruce. 

"Muscles, coordination. Basic cellular integrity. A human can only absorb so much. The Mother Box was designed to reshape a planet." Bruce explained. 

"What does that have to do with anything?" I ask. 

"So, what if you were stronger than a planet?" Bruce asked, "Your cells lying dormant, but incapable of decay. If you were in a conductive field, a boost from the Mother Box-" 

"Could bring "him" back to life." Barry interrupted. Everyone stared at each other with looks of awe on their face. The thought of being able to bring Superman back sounded impossible but it wasn't.