THREE

🥀 CHAPTER THREE | PARADEMONS 🥀

THE GROUP FOLLOWED WHAT ALFRED WAS SAYING

THE GROUP FOLLOWED WHAT ALFRED WAS SAYING. We were led to a large machine room that was empty and dusty. The room was circular and when I looked up it seemed like it didn't end. When I looked down it was the exact same, the only difference was if I fell, I would most likely die. The group was huddled in a corner and when I tilted my head to look, the bridge was broken. 

"One at a time," Bruce advised, "The bridge may not-" before Bruce could finish his sentence Barry managed to run to the other side of the bridge in less than two seconds. My eyes widened with surprised, I didn't know he was that fast. 

Diana then bent down and jumped to the other side, standing next to Barry. I stood there frozen, I didn't really have anything to get to the other side. Bruce had a grappling hook but he already had taken it out for himself and had gotten to the other side. I stood next to Victor, who still had a poker face on. 

I lifted my chin, looking at three, "Be careful, Esme," Diana said worriedly. I couldn't help but at the nickname. 

I placed my hands on my hips with no idea to get on the other side, "Don't worry," I started, "I got this." Little did they know, I didn't. 

I grabbed my silver whip and threw the other end to Diana, "Tie it to the ledge," her brows furrowed at me. 

"Are you sure this is safe?" she asked. 

I simply smiled at her, "What's a little pain if you're going to save the world?" Diana tied the end of the whip to the end of the bridge and stepped back. I held on tight to my end, I was going to jump and then climb. I prayed silently, that the whip was strong enough to hold me. I stood at the edge of the bridge, I took in a deep breath before letting my feet fall off the edge. 

I thought I was going to fall and meet my death but I didn't. The whip was strong enough and I managed to hoist my self up to the top of the bridge. My hands were sweaty as I untied the whip from the bridge. 

"Are you okay?" Diana asked reaching out her hand to help me up. I nodded before holding on to her hand to help myself up. 

Victor made his way to the other side of the bridge. When Bruce looked at us, he motioned for us to be quiet and moved his head to a certain direction. Then we heard the sound of Steppenwolf, the big bad we were trying to get rid of. 

When we looked, he was holding a man by his clothes in the air, "You've been near the Mother Box," he started, "The scent is on you," 

The man eyes were wide with fear, he had a janitor suit on, "Please," he begged, "We have families." 

Steppenwolf rolled his eyes in annoyance, "Why does everyone keep telling me that?" At this point, I had no clue what the hell Mother Boxes were nor what they could do. Barry made an audible noise of discomfort.