Regret

Have the other story now. Also thank you for the over 60k reads like oh my lord y'all are amazing.

Bruce had to train Dick if he wanted to even stand a chance at becoming Robin. The problem with training is you make mistakes and can get hurt. This was one of the instances.

"Alright hold your arms up like this," Bruce instructed, putting his arms in a defensive position. Dick nodded and did the same. He wore a grin on his face, excited to learn how to fight. "I'm going to try to punch you know and you've got to keep it up. Tell me if you want to stop," Bruce said. Dick nodded again. He punched and Dick blocked. He punched again and Dick blocked. On the third punch however, he punched Dick in the face. "Dickie I'm so sorry! Alfred! Alfred I messed up!" he yelled. Dick stared at him with a blank look. 

"Bruce I'm fine," he stated. His cheek hurt a bit but he was fine. 

"ALFRED WHERE ARE YOU?" Bruce yelled. He just hurt his child, the child he swore to protect. What would his parents say? What if Dick hated him forever now? "I'm here Master Bruce now what is the problem?" Alfred asked, appearing in the doorway. 

"He accidentally punched me." Dick told him.

"I thought this would happen. Show me where it hurts Master Richard," he said, kneeling in front of him. "CAN'T YOU SEE THE BRUISE FORMING? I HURT HIM ALFRED! I'M A CHILD ABUSER!" Bruce cried. Dick glanced at Alfred then back at Bruce. "You punched me once, during training. What part of that equals-"

"I'm so sorry I'll never hurt you again I promise!" Bruce interrupted, wrapping him in a tight hug. Alfred passed Dick an ice pack. "That's for your cheek sir. Master Bruce I think you're going to crush him," Alfred said. Bruce let go immediately. 

"No more training we're going out for ice cream. I'll make this up to you."

"I should get punched more often then," Dick muttered.

Not as funny as I thought it would be.