Chapter Forty-Five

Start from the beginning

"I'll see you tonight." He whispers, our hands slipping away from each other.

"Tonight." I nod, waving as I walk away to Rico who stands by the sleek, blue car.

***

Kaden Reid's P.O.V.

I watch her walk away, my chest constricting in pain as I let her go for the second time this week. I reassure my beast, who is growling furiously in my mind, that we will be with her tonight. The protective feeling fades to blood-lust and I can feel Ajax grin at the thought of ripping my father apart.

I sense Derek walk up behind me, turning to face him. He grins, itching to get out there and fight. The reason I have assigned Rico and Owen to guard Luna is because they can fight better with weapons than in wolf form or hand to hand combat. Axel and I didn't want them near a battle as dangerous as this.

I look up at the sky, seeing the dark clouds make way for the bright, full moon. Although we can fight in our human forms, it's always better to shift into our beasts. I nod to Derek and he shifts alongside me, our clothes ripping as our bones break to realign. We run towards the noises of anguish and pain, checking in on everyone through the mind link.

'Your father is slipping away. Southern border, now.' Axel updates me, a dark growl escaping my lips.

He will not escape tonight.

I pick up the pace, my beast enjoying the wind running through his fur and the large terrain of grass and trees. Soon enough, I am sprinting towards the fight, ending up right in the middle of it. A grey wolf slams into me, both of us rolling over before I gain my balance and throw him off me. I snarl as I stand up, baring my canines at him. The wolf is foolish and impatient and as soon as he charges towards me, I lunge at it and successfully rip away his throat in one go.

I sprint towards Derek who is being held down by a large wolf, two medium sized ones biting at his legs to weaken him. Growling furiously, I throw them off, ripping off their heads and killing them instantly. He nods at me in gratitude and we carry on, my eyes on the lookout for my father.

I finally spot him hiding behind a tree, just like the coward he is. Snarling, I race towards him, circling the tree before slamming into him from the back. He cries out in pain as I pounce on him, biting and tearing at his limbs. Suddenly, I am thrown off him by a russet coloured wolf, immediately recognizing him as Ace.

I growl deeply, livid that someone has stopped me from killing him. Kicking Ace off me, I slam him into a tree, tearing his arm off clean. He howls in pain and falls to the ground, unable to walk. I walk closer, slowly to strike fear into him and it's working. He knows he's going to die.

I shift into my human form, standing above him. My beast growls in satisfaction, content in seeing my father's Beta in this state. I watch as Ace shifts back too, his beast unable to heal him due to the amount of injuries he's already received.

"The second you decided to come after my mate, you signed your death." I lean down, taking hold of a chunk of his hair.

"K-Kaden...please don't...do this." He gasps painfully, the dagger in his upper chest making it hard for him to breathe.

"It's a little too late to beg for mercy." I snarl, pushing the dagger in and hearing it pierce his lung.

Before he could make a sound of pain, I dig my fist into his chest and pull his heart right out. And just like that, he's dead...silent. Turning, I shift into my wolf again and run, leaving the body behind. I focus on my senses, trying to distinguish my father's scent from the countless of warriors in the clearing.