Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

I put up my guard immediately and stood strong with my hatred shining within my eyes, "Yuki Kuran....what are you doing here?"

Yuki put up her guard as well as she has slightly calmer eyes than I did. "I need you...to listen to me, Sophia...."

"What do you want?", I replied with a strict tone. 

"All I want is to help protect Cross Academy. That's all I want to do."

I looked down, thinking if I should let her. 

"In order to protect Cross Academy, I would like to fight by your side."

I looked at her with surprise as she bowed towards me with closed eyes, "Please! Let me fight with you with everyone behind me!"

I looked at everyone as they all bowed along with Yuki. 

I was surprised. Of course Yuki would still want to help out...I guess she hasn't changed...but still this doesn't change anything between us. I still hate her.

I looked at Yuki with stern eyes, "Please lift yourself."

Yuki opened her eyes as she and everyone else stood straight again.

"You don't have to ask permission from me like this. You can fight with us but then that's it. This doesn't change anything between us. This is simply for Cross Academy," I explained with a serious tone.

Yuki happily grinned with a nod, "I understand! We'll do our best!"

I looked away with a straight face as I placed my Artemis Rod back in my waist holster, How can she smile like that?

An image of her human self smiling went into my mind, Ugh...this is annoying me already..

Suddenly, painful groan was heard out loud as we all heard it. 

I started to run, "Let's go!!!"

"Right!", Yuki yelled as they all followed me towards the school entrance.

--

We approached the entrance and found Master having some trouble wih fighting off Level Es.

"MASTER!!!!", I yelled as Master noticed me, "SOPHIA!"

I dashed towards the crowd as I unlocked my Artemis Rod, twirled it with my fingers, and swung it removing 4 Level Es that were close to everyone.

"Whoa...", the Night Class were amazed along with Yuki.

"Phew...", I exhaled as Master bent down towards the ground.

"Akatsuki!"

He looked at me.

"Create a fire barrier to keep them away for a while," I commanded with serious eyes.

"Got it," he replied and with a wave of his arm, fire erupted keeping the Level Es back.

I ran towards Master, locking my Artemis Rod, and placed my arm around his shoulders.

"Well well, you know, when your teacher's getting beaten up, the least you can do is get here sooner," Master said with a huffy tone.

"Are you injured?", I asked with a grin.

"I'm fine, thank you," he returned my smile.

"Just who are they?", Hanabusa asked.

"They're ours."

My eyes shot up with Master's reply, "They're...ours?"

"It's one of the Hunters Association's dirty secrets. They breed their own Level Es."