Chapter Two

Chapter Two 

Zero's head remained on my shoulder as I continued to blush and my heart continued to hurt.

"It's nothing. I'm sorry. I'm not myself. I just woke up from a nightmare," Zero spoke.

I looked down, "Are you sure you're alright?", I replied, calming myself down.

"Yeah...I'm sorry..."

I closed my eyes, I can't have these feelings right now...I can't...

I placed my hands on his shoulders and gently pushed him away. I looked at him as he looked back, "Tell me whenever you need me okay? So you won't be scared again..."

He nodded, "Alright."

I smiled, "Okay then. I shall let you have your shower now. Good night."

I turned away from him and walked away as he watched me, looking down.

I walked away with my hand on my chest, looking down.

--

A new day... 

Yuki decied to hang out with her other friend as Zero and I stayed behind to patrol the Academy without her. Trusting her to be by herself was a bit difficult to do, but I trusted her friend, so I'm just wishing that nothing that bad will happen to her.

As Zero and I walked together in the hallway, there was an awkward silence.

It seemed like we were both thinking about what happened last night.

I clenched my fists as my heart started to hurt again, Why is my heart hurting so much? 

"Oh! Zero! Sophia!"

We found father run call to us, urging us to go to his office.

--

Father took a little piece of paper and slid it across the table towards the both of us.

"Here. It's a written order from the Association. You are both to monitor tonight's vampire soiree. It's being held nearby. I don't foresee any problems. It's a gathering of moderates, so it shouldn't be any trouble."

"Got it, I understand," Zero spoke.

"Will you be able to patrol the Academy by yourself?", I asked.

"Oh it's fine! It's around time that I have my turn at patrolling the campus."

"Alright then," I replied. "We leave the patrolling to you."

We both turned around and left the office.

--

As the sunset appeared... 

Zero and I prepared ourselves before we made our way towards the soiree.

Zero wore his suit and wore a light green tie.

I wore a light blue dress with long sleeves, a different dress than what I wore for the dance. I also wore my hair in a bun and wore a necklace and earrings.

We both decided to meet each other at the entrance and so we did.

"Zero! Thanks for waiting!," I yelled as his eyes widened. I noticed his weird look and blushed slightly, "Do I look weird? Even though we're working, it is a special party..so.."

"No..you...look..," he started to blush slightly, "You look nice."

I smiled, "Thank you. You look nice too. Except...your tie is not tied correctly." I stood before him as I retied his tie and fixed the wrinkles on his suit.