intro

あなたの名前 › your name, kim jungwoo

  ━━━━🟄━━━━  

"no, yukhei–yukh–i'll be fine! don't worry," at this point kana was tired of convincing yukhei that it wasn't his fault she had to use the public bus at midnight for staying at his house for too long. "oh man–shit, kana, i'm so sorry that i can't even accompany you–i'm such a bad friend!" he yelled into the phone.

slightly, kana tilt her head as a sign of annoyance, "i'm totally fine! look, if anything happens, i'll call you again? how about that? jesus, you sound like an overly clingy boyfriend–it's so annoying!" she hissed, a short laugh could be heard from her friend, "okay, you're fine, i guess. i'll end the call now." 

there was silence, until she finally heard the sound from her phone that indicated yukhei has ended the call. she let out a sigh of relief, she glanced at the time on her phone; it wasn't exactly midnight, but the street was completely dead. she did felt a little chilly but that's all.

when the bus reached the stop kana was in, she immediately walked in, "alone?" the driver asked, kana nodded, "that'll be 1.50." he continued, kana quickly gave the driver the fare and proceeded to find a seat in the bus.

unfortunately for her, the bus was packed with people, she assumed all of them were coming home from parties or other factors. she walked to the end of the bus although she knew it was a useless attempt when she realized there was an empty seat.

except, the person next to empty seat had placed his belongings on it which made kana a little nervous to ask. she took a deep breath in; remembering how yukhei would yell at her for being a pussy.

dismissing yukhei from her mind, she walked towards the person, "uh, hey, is this seat taken?" her voice came out more airy than she thought. the man diverted his attention from the window to her, his eyes rounded. "oh! no, no! oh god, i'm sorry," his voice was soft as he immediately organized his belongings into his bag.

"sorry, i was doing work just a moment ago–looks like i forgot to clean up," he laughed, kana grinned at the guy, they stayed in that position for a while before the girl broke the eye contact and took out her phone.

kana debated with herself, whether she should explain to her mum as to why she's late or to tell yukhei that she had just hold a long eye contact with someone attractive. kana ended up wasting 2 minutes of her life dozing off for no reason, before she finally decided to inform her mum and tell yukhei all about the guy when she reach home.

just then, the man next to her accidentally dropped his pen, which rolled to kana's foot. she looked down, and immediately picked it up as a natural response. "jungwoo?" she read the name planted on the fancy-looking pen.

the man nodded, with a little smile on his face. "yeah, my dad gave me that pen as a birthday present. i barely use it, though," he chuckled. a smile crept onto her face as she handed the pen back to him. "your dad's a fancy guy, judging from the exterior design that's probably a fountain pen."

jungwoo raised his eyebrows, "you're pretty... neat." he laughed, kana laughed with him, "don't think of me as a creep, though! the pen looked fancy, i just assumed." jungwoo was about to say something when the bus stopped and informed the neighbourhood they were located in.

"oh, here's my stop." kana exclaimed, slinging her bag onto her shoulder, jungwoo stared at her for a moment, "oh? mine's here too." he said, kana smiled at him, she wanted to reply something to him, but nothing came out, and she ended up nodding at him before leaving the bus.

  ━━━━🟄━━━━

yukhei stared at kana for a while, his mouth open slightly a bit–the stupid face he always do when she does something that's way out of mind. "so you left him hanging just like that? what's his name again? jaehyun? junghyun? jae–"

"oh, shoot, i forgot his name too! uh... it was something jung... um jungmin." kana blurted out, upon hearing that, yukhei's mouth once again, was open slightly. "you're telling me, you forgot the cute guy's name? kana you fucking idiot! look, i've known about 20 cute girls and i still remember each of their names!"

kana huffed in frustration, "well god created us all differently, we all have our strengths and weaknesses." she exclaimed, yukhei frowned. "you're a certified loser. psh." he said, pushing the girl with a little too much force. the girl grunt, "this is such an abusing friendship! i'm reporting you."

yukhei rolled his eyes and the two ended up in complete silence. kana didn't really mind, though yukhei did. he licked his lips before walking closer to kana who dozed off, seeing him approaching her, she immediately snapped at him, "what are you doing, you little snitch?" yukhei smiled at her.

"i have a plan,"
"well? what are you waiting for? say it."

"well, you could use the midnight everyday, so that you'll meet junghoon again." he said, kana pursed her lips, "you're right, in that way, i'll get to see jaewoo everyday!" yukhei grinned, "see? problem solved! kana, jungmin, boom!" they both burst out small laughter together, and then back to silence.

"but... you know," he paused, "both of you two will remain strangers to each other, even if you see him everyday on the bus," 

  ━━━━🟄━━━━  

oh damn, this was longer than expected but anyway,,, hYPE IT UP FAMS