Chapter 6: The Nightmare

I was falling, falling through an endless waterfall. I could hear shouts and screams coming from above the water, but wherever I looked, all I saw were the endless waters, raging all around me, I tried to feel my legs, but then I realized I didn't even have hands.

I wanted to let out a scream, but because I was hopelessly stuck in my liquid form, I didn't have any lips to open. 

Panicking, I looked around, even though you can't really look around when you're a puddle of water. I tried to turn back into my original body, but then I realized that there was no way to turn back.

I felt the burning sensation of my lungs begging for air. I was being sucked away in an endless loop of water. Trapped in an endless watery abyss. 

It was then when I heard someone or something crash into the wall of rocks at the end of a waterfall. I felt a cold sweat go over me, enveloping me in the fear of my upcoming death.

I woke up with a sickening thud, gasping, as if I was trying to breath through water. In order to calm myself down, I took a sip from one of the many water bottles littered around my room. 

That was another benefit of having water based powers, any drink that came to my lips instantly healed and calmed me. It was a good thing I didn't have fire based powers, imagine trying to heal yourself with an open flame.

Great. That nightmare again.

I was still slightly drowsy, and I rolled over to see what time it was on my phone. 

4:30, great, just great, I'm going to fall asleep on the way home.

While still complaining in my head, I drowsily got ready to leave for school. I still had two more hours before I had to leave school, but I decided to take a walk around the park next to the school. 

Who knows? Maybe I needed to get some fresh air.

The morning dew was still dripping off of the grass, and the birds hadn't even started singing yet, the air was filled with a feeling of complacency as I strolled over to the school. 

By the park I saw a boy with blonde hair and emerald green eyes, upon close examination, he looked eerily familiar to Chat Noir, the black suited vigilante. 

"Hello?" I said, wondering if he would reply.

"Hello! My name is Adrien, what's yours?" the boy replied, smiling.

I then shared my name, and my favorite color, and a bunch of other useless facts that made up my character. 

Adrien shared some things as well, he mentioned his bro Nino, and also about Nino's girlfriend, Alya, he also shared some other facts, like his favorite color, and when his birthday was. 

The conversation continued on for a while, and we didn't even realize it when people started streaming into the school building. 

"How about your mom?" I asked, wondering why he still hadn't mentioned his parents. Adrien immediately tensed up, and looked extremely uncomfortable. 

Glancing down at his phone, his eyes widened, and he exclaimed, "We're going to be late for class!"

We quickly ran through the doors of the school. Leading me through a maze of lockers and doors, Adrien and I made it to class just before the bell rang. 

Surprisingly, the teacher hadn't arrived yet, but it was alright because I had been able to meet the wild characters Adrien had talked about. I soon learned about Alya's ladyblog, and Nino's DJ-ness. I also met Marinette, and when I saw her lovesick smile directed at Adrien, I instantly knew the condition of her crush.

I had been very observant at a young age, constantly pointing out things my friends and family had failed to realize, my dad even said I had the potential to be a detective. 

This skill was particularly helpful when it came to finding out the secret identities of Paris's guardians. I couldn't help but notice Marinette's sore throat, and her more obvious deep blue eyes, almost matching her hair, which was tied up in two twin pigtails. I sat down at the desk just behind her.

Hmm... She almost looks like Ladybug.

I was still lost in thought when I heard a familiar voice. 

"Um...... Hello? Earth to Flynt, are you there?" 

I looked up and saw the face of an angel, I-I mean Emily, staring at me with a curious look in her eyes.

Ugh, why am I always daydreaming when I'm around her.

"Hey Emily! How are you today?" I replied, trying to hold back the urge to blush. 

"Well, I'm doing a lot better than how I would have been had you not stepped in and helped me." She replied, with a kind smile that melted my heart. 

"O-oh yeah I forgot about that."

Ugh great, my stutter is coming back.

She let out a chuckle and asked, "Mind if I sit next to you?" 

This time I couldn't contain myself and I felt myself blush a scarlet red. "U-um sure if you want." I replied, with a sheepish smile.

Then an adult walked in, presumably the teacher. She had redish-pinkish hair, and was wearing formal attire.

She announced to the class, "Good morning class, today we have two new students. Mr.Gem and Ms.Taria, please introduce yourselves to the class."

After a rather cringy introduction, we all settled into our seats to begin our first subject, history.

_______________________________________
Hello! So, I actually don't know how class works, because I'm homeschooled, so if any of my silent readers could step up and tell me, it would be greatly appreciated. ;)

So..... Any thoughts on Flynt's stuttering problem?