Chapter 5: Chatness

Chat Noir had been on his daily evening patrol when he heard the sounds of a gun firing into the silent night. With the agility that could be compared to a cat, he scampered off to the place where he had heard the gunshots.

Ladybug had told Chat that she was sick, and was staying home to get some much needed rest, so Chat had to go through the usual nighttime routine without Ladybug.

Ladybug is the other half of the superhero duo in Paris. She has the power of creation, whereas Chat has the power of destruction. She wears a red suit with black dots all over, and has blue hair put up in twin pigtails.

Using his incredible intuition, Chat was easily able to find the place where the gunshots were from. It was a corner store, with an array of advertisements lining the windows of the shop.

But the thing that stood out the most was the broken glass door, had he not known better, it might of looked like someone had broken it with a bat.

He landed near the shop and strolled up to a boy who was about his age, with deep black hair, and a casual outfit.

The boy whipped around, and had a surprised expression on his face. When he saw it was just a boy, he instantly loosened up.

The boy then launched into conversation with Chat, with snarky comments and witty puns.

Chat left the store with the boy's last sentence echoing in his mind, why do I need a costume to be a hero? Somewhere he had heard that, but he couldn't remember exactly where.

Chat sighed, he was done with his patrol, and had decided to visit his friend, Mari. He was jumping from roof to roof, the wind flowing through his hair, the full moon shining down on his features. The sleek rooftops looked like shiny pebbles in the pale moonlight. Reminding him of a river.

Shaking the Shakespearean thoughts out of his head, he landed on Mari's balcony.

He was startled by the sound of two voices, one was Mari's, and another one which was high pitched and squeaky, almost like a mouse. Chat quickly dashed behind a pot of flowers to hear the conversation.

"Wait Marinette! You can't go out right now! You're sick!" The squeaky voice said.

"But Tikki! Chat might need my help! There was an attempted kidnapping an hour ago!" Marinette shot back, tired of staying in bed all day.

The small voice, which Chat now learned to associate with the name Tikki, sighed, and replied, "Alright Marinette, if you insist."

"Thanks Tikki, you're the best friend I could ever ask for!" Marinette said, before shouting, "Tikki! Spots on!"

A moment later, Ladybug jumped out into the night, eager to find her partner. Luckily, she didn't notice the distraught kitty by her window.

Chat was as bewildered as a cat could ever be in his entire lifetime, why was Ladybug in Mari's room? Who is Tikki?

These types of thoughts ran through his mind as he stealthily creeped home. Chat lived, in what some people might call, a mansion.

Chat decided to train a little, In addition to his ability of destruction he also had cat-like reflexes and night-vision.

He walked into a large room, which looked sort of like a dojo, and proceeded in his usual training exercises.

No matter how hard he trained, Chat still couldn't shake the thoughts from his head. After training for about an hour, he changed back to his alternate ego, Adrien, and groggily got ready for bed.

Adrien had a huge room, It was about as big as a movie theater. He had a huge widescreen TV that covered an entire wall.

He also had a personal restroom with a walk in closet, a king sized bed, and all the latest editions of Ladybug "action" figures. One of the sides of his room was made of glass, allowing him to see the beautiful city of Paris.

Adrien was sitting on his amazing bed and thinking about his recent encounter with Ladybug. He was interrupted from his thoughts by Plagg, a feline shaped Kwami.

Kwamis are a type of essence that will grant the user certain abilities and a costume according to the type of Kwami.

Kwamis are also attached to an item of jewelry, so in order to sommone them, one would need to put on that specific jewelry in order to summon them. Plagg was the Kwami of detruction.

"So... How about my camembert?" Plagg said, in an air of arrogance.

Adrien sighed, "Not now Plagg, I want to go to sleep and I don't need to smell that right now."

Plagg started to complain and whine, but Adrien was eventually able to tune out the whining when he laid down on his bed and closed his eyes.

Oh well, guess I'll think about it tomorrow, right now I need some sleep.

Then Adrien went off to dream world, where Ladybug is a pink unicorn named Tikki....

_______________________________________
Whelp, that was interesting, can you believe him! Like Adrien, seriously, what do you think you're doing! Like BOI, get you're act together man!

Have you ever had a unicorn dream? Thankfully I haven't.

Well hopefully one of the new characters can help get our ship together, right?

Any ship names? (Furious Eyebrow Wiggle)