Chapter 1

Meh, don't know what to say... finally uploaded this :') This is basically "Do You Believe In Destiny?" / "Time Changes Everything" re-written :D Enjoy ;) Any confusions? JUST MESSAGE ME BRO :3 

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Chapter 1

[ 8 years ago. ]

“Zay?” Kaylee asked, slowly. She had never seen him look so serious.

“Just…give me a moment,” he said, his light golden-brown eyes looking down. His long dark hair that was constantly in his eyes flew in the wind.

“Are you okay?” She asked, sitting on a nearby rock. This was their favourite place. Just next to their friend’s, ’s, house there was a little forest area. Zaiden was just a couple of houses down, and Kaylee was almost constantly at Sabrina’s. Today was her birthday party, and Zaiden and Kaylee had ducked out a couple of minutes ago, to come here. But now something seemed amiss.

“Just a moment,” he repeated, glancing up from under his long eye-lashes. She was sitting on one of the big rocks that lined Sabrina's pool. It was too cold to swim, making a pool party out of the question. She had kicked her shoes off, and was now sitting with her legs crossed, making the skirt of her short white dress dance in the wind as well, giving him little peaks of her bright blue underwear. This was going to be hard.

“Lee-lee?” he began, hesitantly.

“Yeah?” she imitated his tone. She knew something was about to happen.

“Um…I-I’m breaking up with you,” he pronounced each word with difficult, looking up and deep into her intense green eyes. Her long blonde hair was tied into a messy bun at top of her head, and showed of her long, slender, neck. The necklace he had given her rested right in the middle of her protruding collar bones. Suddenly there was no more roaring of the wind, no more sounds of the party, no more screams, nothing. The silence drowned everything out. Kaylee sat on her rock, unable to move, and was silently glad that she was already sitting. She would've sunk to the ground otherwise.

“A-Are you okay…?” he asked. He was scared. She was so still, it didn’t look like she was breathing. But as soon as the words were out of his mouth, she got up and in a swift movement her shoes were on, and she ran back to the house.

For the rest of the party, he got dirty glares from everyone around him. He knew he deserved it. He had broken her heart, and he never gave her a reason. The next few months were no better. They tried being friends in the beginning, but you just can’t be friends with your ex. It’s impossible. Then she moved away and switched schools. They lost contact. And just like that, he hurt her even more.

[ Present day. ]

~ Kaylee’s POV ~

“Kaylee Ziemer,” Mr. Dour announced in a bored tone. Hey, you would be bored too, if you just called out over a hundred names. I’m glad mine was last. It gave my body time to make use of the six cups of coffee I had this morning, and my walk to the stadium wouldn’t be jittery and hyper, unlike Amanda’s or Tangie’s. 

I got upto him, and shook his hand, then gave him an unexpected peck on the cheek. The guy was my favourite teacher, even though he was a million years old. Then I turned to the crowd, and watched as everyone cheered and threw their caps in the air. I let out a scream, and punched the air with both my fists. Then I jumped down and joined my best friends. Amanda and Tangie. I squealed and hugged both of them, then grabbed their arms and spun them around. I was twenty-one, hell yeah, but still a teenager at heart.