10. Bad News

I woke up to the horrid sound of my alarm clock ringing in my ears. I slowly reached over to turn it  off, but someone beat me to it. I open my eyes and look to my side to find Luke wish disheveled hair and sleepy eyes, barely smiling at me. 

"Good morning, love," he whispers to me. I smile and lean in to kiss his nose. He tries to kiss my mouth but laughs when I don't let him, pouting a bit. 

"Not until we have both brushed our teeth," I tell him, causing him to laugh even more. I start to get out of bed, but Luke isn't having it. He quickly pulls me back down onto the bed, causing a chuckle to escape my lips. 

"I'm not letting you out of bed until you kiss me," he mumbles with a sly smirk. He leans in once again, but I pull back, laughing at his playful pouty face. "You're an ass, Ryleigh." 

"Well you're not much of a charmer yourself, Luke," I joke back to him and he laughs. "I need to get up. I have to get ready for school." I lean forward and kiss his cheek, hoping it will count as a kiss and he will let me out of the bed. 

As much as I would love to just lay here with Luke forever, I can't. I have to get up for a fucking day in hell, where everyone talks to me as if I'm four years old and can't depend on myself for the slightest thing. 

"Fine," Luke grumbles, releasing his grip on me.  I thank him and head over to the bathroom. I decide to skip a shower and just go for a lazy day. So, after brushing my teeth, removing my leftover make-up from last night, I reapply some basic foundation and mascara,  and put my hair into a messy top bun. 

When I get back into my bedroom I notice that Luke isn't in in the bed anymore. My shoulders fall, but instead of pouting like a child, I continue getting ready. I grab a bondeau headwrap to hold my bangs back as I slip on a pair of black leggings and an oversized t-shirt that comes to my thighs.

When I start to admire myself in my full size mirror, tucking stray hairs into their place, I feel a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist. I smile as Luke rests his chin on my shoulder. I look at him in the mirror. He is still shirtless, but instead of just boxers, he has grey sweatpants hanging loosely on his hips. 

"Stay home," he says into my ear. "Skip, and have a day with me." I think about it for a moment. What would be the consequences? I know that my parents won't care. Since I have come home from the hospital and my therapy sessions have become a routine, they don't care. They don't pay attention to me. If I need something or simply want to talk they will offer me money and send me away. 

So what do I have to lose if I skip school and hang out with Luke? 

"Fine," I mutter and walk to fall back on my bed. Luke does a fist pump in the air and smiles so wide as he crawls ontop of me, kissing my forehead before moving to my mouth. "But I can't skip my therapy session." 

"I'm good with that," he tells me. "I just want to spend more time with you." I smile as he leans down to peck my lips again, this time lingering for a moment. I put my hands on his bare chest as I use all of my strength to flip us over. Now I am laying right in between his legs. 

"You shouldn't lay on me like that," Luke grins. I give him a confused look. He bites his lip and bucks his hips up. I gasp when I feel how hard he is.

"If your family and the boys weren't in hearing range I might repeat what we did last night," I gasp again and he laughs at my reaction. "Except I won't use my fingers this time." 

"Lucas Hemmings!" I nearly shout. He continues to laugh as he flips us over once again, using his knees to separate my legs, laying between them instead of stradling me. 

"You love my dirty language, don't pretend you don't," Luke grins. I would try to deny it, but it's true. I do love it, and obviously he knows that.