7 • Reunited✔️

Start from the beginning

"Not to be pushing it," Rouge sat at the table, "But... what is it like?"

Jayde knew she was referring to Raven. In her dark form she could control herself mostly, but in her negative form, there was no control on her part.

"It's... It's like you're in an internal cage." Jayde spoke, turning to sit at the table too, "Even though it's your body, you feel trapped in yourself and you can't escape." She chuckled to herself, a slight bit of insanity in that laugh, "But the worse part? You can see and feel everything you do – but you can't stop it. You watch yourself hurt your friends, you watch their eyes as the horror washes over them. They fear you."

"None of us fear you, Jayde." Rouge spoke, trying to comfort her, "Sure, we may have been more cautious around you, in case Mephiles returned, but it wasn't your fault. We aren't afraid of you."

Jayde smiled slightly, but she knew that was a lie. Even if Rouge didn't show it, the Protector knew that the ivory bat would always fear her to some extent. Everyone was just good at hiding it. They were hiding it so Jayde didn't feel bad and blame herself.

The doorbell suddenly rang, making both females jump slightly. Jayde frowned slightly – who could be here at this time? She walked to the door and opened it, only to be bombarded with a tight hug from a hazel colored Mobian. Jayde flinched at the contact, not being the one who liked hugs. Orbs widened, she looked outside and saw a familiar crimson fox, a delighted smile on his muzzle, "Raiden, Mitzy?!" Jayde exclaimed, watching the familiar bunny pull back and grin up at her old friend.

The grey hedgehog was shocked to say the least, "How did you guys find me?"

"Well, your mum was so excited that you came home, she invited all of us over after to share the news." Raiden chuckled, watching the younger bunny bounce in her place.

"I can't believe it's really you!" she exclaimed, jumping around, "It's been so long, we thought that you were gone! Why did you leave? We would've never blamed you, we are your friends – family even. I'm so happy that we found you-"

"Mitz – calm down." Raiden chuckled.

"Guys, it's so great to see you again!" Jayde smiled, finally getting over her shock and wrapping her arms around them both, "I missed you so much." She whispered.

"Since when did you get mushy?" Jayde pushed Raiden away for the comment before they all laughed, "Amara 'sends her love'." he quoted.

"Why's she not here?"

"She has to take care of Sky." Raiden answered.

"Sky?"

Brown orbs widened, "You don't know?"

Jayde shrugged, leaving Mitzy to squeal, "Your cousin finally grew some balls!"

"Mitz!" Raiden groaned, "Why do you say it like that?"

The youngster shrugged, "It's true. Astro finally asked Amara out a year after you left and last year they had a baby girl! You're an auntie!"

Jayde avoided mentioning that her and Astro were not siblings, but they were close enough to be. "Wow, never thought I'd see the day."

"And Sky is adorable!" Mitzy grinned, "You have to come back and see her one day!"

A throat cleared behind them, leaving Jayde to turn, having completely forgotten about the ivory bat she was talking to, "Well, hello, who are these Mobians?"

"Guys, this is Rouge, a friend of mine." Jayde chuckled, watching as she shook hands with the two.

"Hey, Rouge!" Mitzy grinned.

Rouge chuckled at the personalities in the two new Mobians before looking to Jayde, "I think I better take off. You're busy right now." Jayde waved goodbye before the female took off and left the trio to reunite.

Jayde brought Raiden and Mitzy into her home, grabbing a few blankets, "Well, I've got a spare room with no bed?"

Raiden chuckled at her, "Only you, Jayde."

"How's these past six years, two-hundred and eighty-four days, seven hours and fifty-one minutes been for you?" Mitzy asked, looking up from her watch.

Jayde glanced at Raiden who nodded, "Since you left she had a timer. It's been going ever since."

"They've been... okay, I guess." She answered.

"Just okay? Did you have any adventures? Did you meet any people?"

"Mitzy, enough with the questions!" Raiden chuckled.

The bunny crossed her arms, "What? I'm excited!"

Jayde shook her head smiling – same old, same old. She missed this, and nothing had changed. Raiden was answering Mitzy, both having a small argument. The Protector regretted missing out the past six years, but if she hadn't left, nothing would've changed, and she wouldn't have met the Sonic team, or Shadow.

Jayde decided to interrupt the two, "I'll tell you everything tomorrow, but for now, it's time to go bed. We need to be up early tomorrow to go to Tails'."

"Who's Tails?"

"Another friend of mine."

"Why do we need to go see him when we could hang out together?" Mitzy asked.

Jayde flinched slightly at this, Raiden noticing this, and she looked away, "It'll be part of the story tomorrow when I tell you everything. It's... important we see him."

Mitzy nodded, noticing the sadness in her voice before wrapping her arms around her friend again, "I'm glad to have my best friend back!" she grinned. Jayde smiled, hugging back.

"I am too."