5. A Scared Life

Normani escaping the Martin's home with Lauren got the most votes. Warning: Will have abuse, but not too much.

-

June 2018

Normani flinched when she heard Mrs. Martin punish Lauren. Her tears were streaming down her face, as she heard Lauren's whimpers.

Normani crawled to the other side of the closet when she heard someone walk towards the door. She blinked when the door opened and the small room was filled with light.

"Get out," Mr. Martin ordered, an unconscious Lauren in his arms.

Normani looked from the man to Lauren, wanting to check on her younger foster sister, but the man just glared.

"Get out or else she'll get worse," he threatened, smirking when Normani ran out the room.

Mr. Martin dropped Lauren onto the ground and closed the door.

"Go to your room," he told Normani, grabbing a shoe. He threw it to Normani, catching her back. She didn't stop. Normani ran to her room and hid behind the door. She could hear Mr. Martin laughing.

Normani looked around the room before freezing, there were drops of blood on the ground. Normani let out a small cry, knowing that Lauren would be in a lot of pain.

She had to save them, she just had too.

-

Mr. and Mrs. Martins were out. Normani turned to the television on and placed Lauren in front of it. Her younger sister seemed very weak, barely being able to hold herself up. Normani found Sesame Street, the episode was about counting.

Normani paid extra attention, knowing that she had to be smart to escape.

Lauren then started to cry. Normani looked over to see Lauren sobbing, shaking her little head. Normani felt herself start to tear up, not knowing how to help her little sister.

"Lo?"

Lauren curled up in Normani's side, putting her finger in her mouth.

"We're gonna leave, kay?" Normani whispered, petting Lauren's head.

Lauren looked up at Normani, wiping her tears.

"Can you say Mani?"

Lauren blinked a few times before turning to the television.

Normani turned the television off when she heard a car in the driveway. She quickly stood up and pulled Lauren up. The younger girl whimpered in pain. Lauren let out little cries as she took steps towards their room.

Normani picked Lauren up as much as she could with her small body and ran as fast as she could to their room.

The front door opened just as Normani pushed Lauren into their room.

"What're you doin'? Mr. Martin asked, a slur in his face.

"I-I wanted water," Normani answered, looking to the ground.