Bryan and Coby then exited the car and when they had made sure that everything was secure they opened Daniel's door.

Benson's eyes widened again when he realized that the Alpha of the Moonshine pack had come as well.

I thought Alex had told him that Daniel and I would come watch the challenge too, but apparently it had slipped his mind.

Daniel offered me is hand to get out of the car and I gratefully took it. The tingles, which instantly raced through my body, calmed me down a bit.

I could hear gasps when I was finally in the open and saw pack members staring with dumbfounded expressions at me.

Just then Jamie's car arrived and Benson'gaze, which had been on me again, settled on my brother. He was accompanied by two of Alex warriors, Alex and Macy.

I could instantly feel that Jamie was more powerful than Benson just by how they appeared and breathed a sigh of relief.

Jamie was a born Alpha, while Benson was a born Beta, so of course Jamie would be more abundant.

I found myself smiling at my fierce looking brother and a little voice inside my head told me that maybe today nothing would go wrong.

I saw Benson gulp when he too realized how mighty my brother seemed.

"Alpha Benson.", Jamie greated him politely, but did not bow his head. He was already challenging him by not respecting his position.

Benson growled unamused, but Jamie still did not bow.

"As you know I'm here to challenge you for my rightful position as the Alpha of the Waterfall pack.", Jamie declared in a strong voice.

Benson's dark eyes clouded with anger and he spat: "It's not your rightful position pup."

I wanted to smack Benson for his insult, because in no way was my brother still a pup.

Luckily Daniel had still wrapped his arm around me and was able to hold me back.

"It's my right, because I'm the son of Alpha Eric Steward.", Jamie responded in a calm, but authoritarian voice.

Benson's eyes widened and I could hear a gasp from the pack members that had gathered in front of the pack house.

"He looks exactly like his father, can you see it?", a man whispered to a woman to which she just nodded her head in amazement.

More murmur of voices could be heard and apparently Benson did not like his people gossipping, because he shouted: "SILENCE!"

Then he took a step towards my brother and exclaimed: "The children of our old Alpha are dead! What proof do you have that you are indeed the son of Alpha Steward?"

Instantly I took a step forward and heard more gasps coming from the crowd. It seemed that now all the members of the Waterfall pack were gathered here.

"How's this for a proof?", I asked in a self-assured voice and showed Benson the pendant, I had received from my mother.

Baffled shouts could be heard from the crowd, because everybody knew who the pendant had belonged to.

Benson must had realized that we had cornered him, because the pack belived that we were indeed the children of Eric and Miranda Steward.

Instantly his tactic changed and with a more soft voice he said: "We've searched for you."

Jamie's and my eyes locked, because we both knew that nobody could had found us. I still believed in Alex' theory that Benson ordered someone to murder us, but this person brought us to them instead. I was almost sure that this person did not know what kind of people they were.