5.

The drive to Daniel's house was not a short one, but I was busy admiring the landscape and the snow outside. Everything looked so peaceful and somewhere in my mind I knew that I had always wished for an untroubled life.

I still could not remember anything about my past, but something told me that I should not be in a hurry to get back to my old life. Whatever that meant.

However, a nagging voice inside my head warned me that I was forgetting something important, but no matter how hard I tried to concentrate, I could not remember what it was. All it accomplished was another headache.

When Daniel suddenly took a right turn on the street we had been following and the sound of the car driving on gravel was audible, I let my eyes wander from the car window to the front.

My eyes widened when I took in the house in front of us and I seriously had to struggle to keep my mouth closed.

The house, which looked more than a mansion, was painted in light yellow. The colour reminded me of an early sunrise and I instantly took a liking to it. The windows and doors were framed with a white colour, which gave the house a warm and welcoming glow.

I assessed the mansion to be 3 story house, but I was not sure if the windows on the top floor belonged to a habitable level or not.

However, there was still a lot of space, which left me wondering how many people lived here.

"That's your house?", I asked Daniel still in disbelief of its beauty.

He hummed in confirmation, but was too busy glaring at the people that had gathered outside.

Only now noticing the crowd I dropped my gaze to my hands.

I was not exactly a very shy person, but given the fact that I knew nothing about myself made me a bit insecure. And now people I was not familiar with were waiting outside Daniel's house and I was certain they were curious, who I was.

Well I guessed that made two of us.

Daniel parked the car farther away from the people and then took my hand. Tingles immediately spread through my whole body and I instantly did not worry as much about the commotion outside.

"Remember when I told you that I was someone of importance." he questioned me and I nodded my head.

"The people gathered in front of my house work for me, but are also part of my family." Daniel explained further and I smiled softly at him.

I liked the idea that Daniel saw his co-workers as his family. That told me he was not alone.
I was aware that I did not know Daniel for a long time, but he struck me as the kind of person that prefered to be alone. While I understood that time for yourself was important, I also knew that a family or friends were equally as important.

I turned my head to watch Daniel's family and chuckled when a few of them were already making their way towards his car.

Giggling I told him: "It looks like they can't wait to see you!"

Daniel lifted my hand and this move caused me to turn around. Wide eyed and with a racing heart I watched Daniel's lips kiss the back of my hand.

Warmth and even more tingles made their way immediately into my body and I could not help, but blush.

Daniel had barely touched me and I was already a mess.

His eyes were solely focused on mine the whole time and he told me: "They're excited to welcome you."

Surprised I clarified: "Me? Why?"

Before Daniel could answer my question, my car door was opened and a beautiful and somehow familiar woman pulled me outside only to engulf me in a hug.