22.

Instantly the she-wolf's blue eyes found Alex and a cheeky smile appeared on her lips.

I noticed how Macy tensed beside me and how she clenched her fists.

Not being able to stand seeing Macy like this any longer, I instantly spoke up: "I'm going to get directly to the point as to why you're here: I think you didn't sleep with Alpha Red, but you mixed something into his drink last night that caused him to lose conscience and you used his state to make him believe he slept with you."

Her blue eyes widened at my harsh words, but thinking about Macy being hurt just because of her, made me shoot daggers at her. My anger at her suprised me, but my wolf told me that it was quite normal to feel like this when your sister was being hurt. As much as I wanted to smile at the fact that my wolf considered Macy as my sister, I did not. Now was definitely the wrong time and something about the she-wolf rubbed me the wrong way and therefore made me cautious.

She flinched back at my gaze and locked eyes with Alex.

"Aren't you going to defend your Luna?", she asked him in a high pitched voice.

A threatening growl from Macy had her shut up instantly and her face turned to take Macy in.

Was she seriously thinking about fighting Macy? I could see in her eyes that she was calculating if a fight with Macy was going to end well for her.

"Cut the crap Silvia and tell us the truth.", Alex exclaimed. He was shaking and I could totally understand that his wolf wanted answers from the she-wolf.

Furthermore, Alphas' were very proud and if Silvia did mix something into his drink then his wolf would be furious not only at himself for not realizing it, but also with his pack member for deceiving him like this.

The she-wolf was close to tears and dropped her gaze when she saw that Alex was dead serious.

"I already told you what happened. I found you in your study completely drunk and helped you get to bed. You tried to kiss me several times and because I'm attracted to you as well, I let you continue.", Silvia said defensively and shot an angry look at Alex.

I could not even imagine how Macy must feel hearing the she-wolf speak about her mate like this. I could also understand that she did not want to be in this room anymore, but I needed her here for the next part, which would hopefully expose Silvia as a liar.

I gently grabbed Macy's wrist trying to offer her my silent support, but when she started to struggle against my hold, I knew that I had to be quick.

"So if you did sleep with Alpha Red you must've seen the big tattoo on his pelvis.", I wanted to know and saw Silvia nod her confirmation.

"Of course I've seen it. It's really beautiful and last night I showed him exactly how much I like it.", Silvia responded confidently.

She smirked at Alex thinking that convinced us all that she had indeed had sex with him, when her confession had done quite the opposite.

Alex had a murderous look in his eyes when he marched over to Silvia and spit out: "I don't have a tattoo, you stupid pup, and that means that you deceived your Alpha and we both know the consequences for that."

Silvia stared wide eyed at him. All her confidence was gone as she started to realize her mistake.

When Alex' hand shot out to grab Silvia's throat, Macy intervened.

I had not even seen her moving, but suddenly she was beside her mate and held his hand in her own.

I noticed how shocked Alex was by Macy's reaction, but saw how his expression softened when Macy smiled encouragingly at him.