14.

I had no idea what had got into me, but the joyful feeling in my chest while I was running away from Daniel knowing he would chase me was worth it. I just hoped he was not mad at me.

I could feel the wind blewing through my fur and instinctively quickened my pace.

I had never felt so free.

When I heard a growl from right behind me, I risked turning my head just to see Daniel's giant black wolf close on my heels.

I could feel his excitement that he was chasing his mate through our intensified bond and tried to run even faster.

I thought I had outrun him and a satisfied smile spread over my wolf lips when suddenly I more felt than noticed him lung at me.

We fought playfully for a while and I could not remember a moment where I had been happier.

I licked his muzzle again and a throaty growl escaped his lips. I did not know how to speak to Daniel when in my wolf form, but I hoped he understood how thankful I was to him.

I cuddled into him and Daniel's wolf immediately sought out even more contact and put his head protectively over mine.

I had no idea if the safety Daniel provided or the exhausting change made me so sleepy, but after several seconds in this very comfortable position I drifted off to sleep.

The next time I managed to open my still heavy eyelids again was when the sun was setting.

I tensed for a moment, but when I felt the tingles I immediately relaxed again.

My hand moved to rub my eyes and it was at this moment I realized that I had changed back into my human body.

Instantly embarrassed when I saw my naked form, I took a shy glance at Daniel and noticed that he was still in his wolf form. A blanket was wrapped around me and although I could see my breath in the freezing winter air, I was not cold at all.

"Thank you for being such a gentleman.", I told him, smiling softly at him and petted his head lovingly.

Daniel immediately leaned into my touch and I gasped when I heard his sexy baritone voice in my head

"I admit it was very tempting."

I giggled at his words and asked: "Where did you get the blanket from?"

His wolf cocked his head to the side and Daniel replied: "There is a cottage not far from here. I actually wanted to carry you there, but you looked so peaceful and I didn't want to interrupt your sleep."

I smiled lovingly at him and leaned in to peck him on his forehead. His tongue immediately darted out and licked my cheek to which I giggled.

I really did not want to move, but I knew that we should get inside soon. The winter here was unbelievably cold, especially so at night.

Suddenly an idea popped up in my head and timidly I wanted to know: "Do you think we can spend a little more time together at the cottage?"

I heard Daniel's pur and his husky voive in my head told me: "I would love nothing more than to spend time with you."

My cheeks blushed at his confession.

"You should change into your wolf again, my love. This way you won't get cold and we'll reach the cottage quicker."

I nodded my head, but when I realized that I had no idea how to shift I looked pleadingly at Daniel.

He licked my cheek again and said: "Just imagine yourself in your beautiful wolf form. Your glossy black fur, your crystal bue wolf eyes...."