11.

"And he will call right in the morning?", I asked Daniel with doubt clear in my voice.

Daniel looked rather amused at my question, but patiently nodded his head and told me for probably the fifth time already: "Yes, my love. I faxed Sam Xander's sketch of Jamie and he promised me to run the sketch through the search engines. As soon as he has something he'll call me, but that will probably not happen until tomorrow morning."

"Okay.", I agreed and tried to convince myself that I had done everything in my power to find my brother.

"It's just..I feel so selfish and guilty.", I admitted and Daniel immediately tightened his hold on me.

"There's no reason for that, my love. The accident and you losing your memory weren't your fault.", Daniel told me in a gentle and soothing voice.

I nodded my head, but who was I kidding, I could not even persuade myself.
I knew that technically I should not feel guilty, but I still did.

"He's my baby brother and I just feel bad for leaving him all on his own.", I tried to explain Daniel my point of view.

Daniel chuckled lightly and said: "He's eighteen Ellie. I doubt that he can't survive without you."

Immediately my cheeks started to burn and I conceded: "Maybe you're right."

Daniel gently pressed his lips on my forehead and I instantly melted into his loving touch.

"Let's go to bed. It was a rather exciting and stressful day for you, my love."

I chuckled at the understatement of the century and let Daniel led me upstairs.

Daniel was right. I could not change the past, but I could try harder in the future and mend it. For now all there was to do was waiting and maybe trying to remember anything. But we all knew how well that had worked out in those three days...

I made a mental note to take a look at my car tomorrow morning. Maybe actually seeing it would trigger some memories.

I sighed and let the tingles, that had barely ceased to run through my body due to Daniel always touching me, calm me down further. I smiled at how drastically my life had changed today, but I could not see anything wrong with it.

Finally I had found someone, who loved me for who I was. Well maybe the term love was a bit too early to use and technically I did not know who I was, but you get the meaning.

Excited about what my future had in store for me, I let my thoughts run wild.

Of course they mainly revolved around Daniel and when the door of my room came in sight, a question kept me occupied.

"When you showed me my room yesterday and told me that it's mine for the time being, what did you mean by that exactly?", I curiously wanted to know.

Daniel continued to lead me to my door and chuckled.

"That's because I wished for you to move into my  room as soon as possible. I still do."

Glad that Daniel was busy with opening the door to my room, I tried to calm down my racing heart and flaming cheeks. I could not had been more wrong with my assumption that Daniel wanted me gone as soon as possible.

With just a few words of explanation everything made sense now and I could not describe how happy his words made me.

"So you want to share your room with me?", I shyly asked once we were inside my room.

Daniel pulled me closer to his muscular body and wrapped both of his arms around my waist.

My stomach somersaulted when I noticed the look of yearning in his eyes.