2.

Pain

That was all I was aware of.

My head felt like I had been hit with a sledgehammer.

Where had I been last night?

I tried to open my eyes, but immediately shut them again and winced. The pressure in my head was too much and light was definitely  not a cure for it.

I groaned, annoyed with the constant pain in my head and moved a hand to touch the back of my head, where it hurt the most.

What had happened to me?

Before I could touch my head a hand grabbed my one mid-air and a pleasant electric current made it's way into my body.

I gasped in surprise and my blue eyes popped open only to receive another shock.

Right beside me sat the most handsome man I had ever seen.

My headache got pushed aside as I took in the attractive man beside me.

His face was that of a striking young man, his three-day beard only enhancing his sharp cheek bones. However, it were his beautiful emerald green eyes, which were surrounded by dark eyelashes that would make every woman jealous, that made me realize that he seemed much older than he looked like. His eyes revealed a wisdom beyong his age, but also that he was a man that had already seen too much.

I let my eyes travel from his gorgeous eyes to his tousled brown hair. His hair looked like as if he had run his hand through on several occasions.  

It was not until his very kissable looking lips lightly touched the back of my hand that I realized that I must had been staring at him for a long time.

Immediately a blush coloured my cheeks, which intensified when I felt those tingles erupting on my hand again.

His now dark green eyes made him seem so much younger, when he told me with a deep baritone voice: "I can't let you touch your head, my love."

My eyes widened at his sexy voice and my stomach did a somersault when I realized he had called me my love.

I had never seen this man before in my life, but I was already more attracted to him than I ever was to anyone before.

Maybe this all was a dream?

"Who are you?", I asked him curiously. My eyebrows immediately drew together when I heard my husky voice. It almost sounded like I had not used it for quite a time.

The man instantly noticed my reaction and offered me a glas of water, which I eagerly took.

My hand left his and I immediately felt bereft. His hand had been so warm and also had a calming effect on me.

I did not want to embarass myself more than I already had, so I took slow sips of the water, although I felt like I died of thirst as soon as the water touched my dry tongue.

When I was finished I shot a soft smile at the man and said with a voice that almost sounded like my old one again: "Thank you!"

I noticed his eyes soften and wondered yet again why such a handsome man was by my side.

He seemed to read my expression well, because he started to introduce himself almost instantly.

"I'm Daniel West and a few of my men found you in your car a few days ago.", he told me in his sexy baritone voice.

I almost did not catch what he told me, because I was too busy hanging onto every word that escaped his soft looking lips.

The information he had just volunteered took me back to the present and I could feel my heachache coming back full force.