Chapter 24

Just as a warning/reference, time is moving super fast at this rate and summer is just flying by. I'm only including certain exerpts of the summer so I can lead into the sequel. Speaking of!

The sequel's name is....

~~~~~~

 There was barley room for me to breathe and the place reeked of alcohol. You can bet your ass I’m at a party.

This is so not my idea of a first date.

“You alright?” Mason looked down at me.

I nodded.

You’re probably wondering a lot of things.

What about Aaron? Well once I realized he was that Aaron, I washed the number off my arm. I wouldn’t dear cross Girlcode boundaries.

Well how I ended up with Mason was that Holland said she was sick of me moping for a distraction and gave Mason my number. The Mason that was brothers with Chance. The Chance dating Holland’s sister. Caught up now? Alright.

“I’m um, just going to use the restroom.” I said, making my way through the crowd.

The bathroom took about five minutes to get to thanks to the practical mosh pit.

I locked myself inside.

Deep breaths.

I looked at myself in the mirror.

I had wore a smoky eye, red lipstick, black skinny jeans, and a red top.

I felt like a different person tonight, which I was going for.

I had excelled back to health and it was the beginning of summer. I guess it was time for a change.

But mainly for myself.

I hitched my foot on the sink and slowly pulled out the dagger in my boot.

I had started practicing techniques in case I ever needed to use the dagger. That didn’t take long.

And once I taught myself, I agreed to go out with Mason.

Next was the bow and arrow.

“Hey hurry up in there.”

I jumped slightly and slid the dagger back in.

I ruffled my hair and stepped out to see a guy leaning against the doorframe.

He turned.

“It’s about time you- Carter?” Cody looked at me in shock.

“Cody?” What was Cody doing here? Cody played football with Dylan. I was familiar with all the football players really…

“You look hot! What are you doing here?” “I could ask you the same thing. I thought you were at football camp?”

“Section B finished a week early.”

Now I found myself wondering- “Dylan’s in section C.”

Oh. Never mind.

“I don’t care about Dylan.”

He eye’d me and took a swig of his beer.

“Really? Because the guy cares about you. God you’re all the guy could think about. He almost got kicked out for not paying attention.” “S-stop.” I begged, my eyes watering. The words hurt. The wounds Dylan left were still fresh.

“You’re all the kid cares about Evans. What happened?”

I wiped the tears from my eyes.

“Nothing.”