Chapter 12

In the middle of my crying session, my phone rang.

“Hello?” I sniffled.

“Shortcake what’s wrong?” I looked over to the window. He was watching me.

Beautiful blue eyes looked worried. He only had a towel around his waist. I gulped.

Should I tell him? Would he think I was stupid and try and eat me or something?

Yeah Carter your werewolf best friend is just going to eat you.

Come on grow up.

“Carter? Hello?”

“Right sorry. Daydreaming. Um, yeah it’s nothing.”

“Carter, you’re crying. Tell me or I’m going over there.” I sighed. “In nothing but my towel.” He threatened.

My eyes went wide.

“Ijusthaveabadfeelingthatthisisgiongtoruinourfriendship.” I said quickly.

“Slower shortcake.”

I look a deep breath.

“I just, have a bad feeling that this is going to ruin our friendship.”

He sighed.

“Carter nothing can ruin our friendship. I promise. Hell you could be- god forbid- dating Scott and it wouldn’t change our friendship. You’re my best friend Carter.”

I smiled.

“You promise?” “I swear. Now go eat something you’re shaky.”

I held out a hand and look at that. “You didn’t eat a snack earlier did you?” He frowned.

I shook my head.

It’s so weird talking on the phone but being able to see each other through our windows.

“Go eat something shortcake. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

I nodded and hung up.

I went downstairs to the kitchen. Might as well listen to the idiot.

*  *  *

Five days later

Holland’s sleepover had been canceled a few days ago. Apparently one of her cousins was rooming with her and she couldn’t work her ‘magic’. I’d just been hanging out with Dylan, pleasing his family. I think they’ve started to warm up to me.

“You didn’t get a present for your girlfriend?” Phil asked. Phil was Emma’s oldest uncle.

“I’m saving hers for when she’s more awake.” Dylan snaked an arm around my waist.

I snuggled into his arms more.

I was not a 3am Chirstmas girl. Plus, Dylan and I had stayed up all night watching Christmas movies. You would think it was my idea. Psh. The boy wouldn’t let me sleep!

“Here Carter.” Emma handed me a box.

I rubbed my eyes and took it.

“You didn’t have to get me anything.” I shook my head.

“Oh it was nothing! Here Dylan you have one too.” She gave him a similar sized box.

I gulped and started opening it.

Showoff- I mean Dylan- used his claws to open his box. I stuck my box in his face for him to untape it for me with his natural scissors.

Dylan cut mine open.