ch. XIV -- Is everything alright?

Start from the beginning

"Whatever it was..." Kate started and wrapped blanket around herself.

"I don't want to know, Lucifer."

"What time is it?" one of the girls groaned from the sofa.

"Get them out..." Kate whispered at Lucifer while in passing hitting His shoulder to walk up to her bedroom. But before she could make her way up the steps, Lucifer grabbed her hand and stopped her.

Kate swiftly turned around, her hair fanning around her. She was boiling with emotions right now, and she felt that really soon everything will go over the top. Her eyes once again darted behind the Devil at the girls now half-sitting on sofa and talking to each other.

~And everybody knows that you're in trouble

Everybody knows what you've been through

From the bloody cross on top of Calvary

To the beach of Malibu

Everybody knows it's coming apart

Take one last look at this Sacred Heart

Before it blows

Everybody knows~

"Get them out, Lucifer." Kate hissed at Him and tried to pull her hand out of His grasp.

"Why are you so angry?" Lucifer didn't hide the fact the He didn't understand her. He used to read her so well. What happened?

"I'm not angry!" Kate answered, her lip trembling.

"Get them out, now!" Kate hissed again, this time it more sounded like a desperate plead.

"There is something else." Lucifer cocked His head to the side and was looking directly at Kate.

"Get them out or I will..." Kate didn't listen and yanked her hand out of His grasp. Quickly skipping down the steps and throwing the blanket down on sofa, Kate took a deep breath and wanted to order girls to take their stuff and leave, so she could get her own stuff together in peace, but Lucifer grabbed her hand and turned her around to face Him once more.

"Ladies, if you excuse us..." Lucifer nodded with His head towards the elevator. Girls only nodded and picking their stuff went away.

"Fucking leave already..." Kate whispered under her nose while looking at the girls leaving. Lucifer looked at her and in stern voice said:

"What are you on about this morning?"

"Nothing, for fucks sake leave me alone for once!" Kate looked away from Him with roll of her eyes.

"Why are you angry?" Lucifer asked again.

"I'm not angry, I already told you!" Kate crossed her hands on her chest.

"Then what are you?" Lucifer furrowed His eyebrows at her. Kate thought for a moment biting on her lips, suppressing a small sniff. Swallowing she let her eyes flicker to His dark chocolaty orbs that were trying to understand why she's acting like this.

"Hurt..." Kate chocked out and took step back from Him when she heard the stupid ding of the elevator.

Lucifer looked broken and lost for a second, but that façade was soon gone when He looked at Maze and Chloe walking in.

Kate brushed away the stray tear that had escaped her and reaching for the blanket once more, quickly made her way to balcony. She needed to get away from Him. He's whole being was addicting.

"Is everything okay?" Chole asked looking from Kate retracting form to Lucifer.

For the first time, as far as Maze and Chloe could remember Lucifer, they saw Him speechless for the first time.

Still looking for words and yet finding none, Lucifer only shook His head in denial.

~Oh, I can see the doubt in those eyes

Even though you try to hide it

There's not much to figure out

'Cause I know why

And I won't try to fight it

And I'll be the first to tell you

You were right~