well, duh

We all stayed put in the living room, watching and waiting somewhat impatiently for Scott, Stiles, and Lydia to come back to us

Melissa suddenly breaks the silence, "Look at that. Do you see that? She's bleeding."

Deaton stops her from getting any closer to Lydia, shaking his head slightly, "I'm not sure that's a good idea."

"What is happening to her?" I ask confused.

Peter kneels down in front of her, placing his hands on either side of her, "Lydia, can you hear me? Lydia, you're stronger than this. Lydia!"

His voice echoes around the house as he yells her name but nothing happens.

I notice my breath quickening and my leg starts to bounce.

What if this doesn't work? What if nothing works? What's going to happen to him then? Will Stiles be okay?

I take a deep breath, trying to keep my thoughts from getting worse. Trying not to overthink and expect the worst like I always do.

Gasps coming from the couch causes me to break out of my trance and glance over at them.

"Did it work?" Scott asks with wide eyes, rushing around to see if Stiles is okay.

Lydia jumps up from the couch, her breathing quickened, "Why didn't it work?"

"Because it's not science, Lydia, it's supernatural. I did my part now give me the name."

I notice Scott looking up at them confused as Peter says that, "What are you talking about?"

They walk away from us, whispering.

Stiles then jolts awake, coughing as he rips the tape away from his mouth and starts pulling bandages out of his throat.

He falls to the floor and starts vomiting up a whole pile of bandages and gasps for air. When it stops he leans back against the couch and watches the sight taking place in front of us in horror.

I back away slightly as a wrapped hand starts emerging from the pile and something that looks like the Nogitsune crawls from the floor.

Peter and Scott tackle the creature and hold it down on the couch. It keeps scrabbling at the bandages on its' face and Scott yells at Peter to wait.

Scott slowly pulls the bandages off and a gasp escapes my lips when a tear-eyed Stiles is revealed.

"Scott?" Stiles looks around at all of us in confusion.

"Scott," Deaton says and looks over at the couch where the Nogitsune was just a second ago.

"Where'd they go?" Scott asks with a slight panic in his voice as he notices that not only is the Nogitsune gone but he's taken Lydia with him.

I close the distance between us and kneel down in front of the couch Stiles is sitting on still looking quite out of it.

I hesitate for a second as my hand reaches out to touch his but when I do he feels cold against my skin. He jumps slightly and turns his attention to me.

"How are you feeling?"

"Mostly confused, what happened?" As I open my mouth to answer, Melissa walks in from the kitchen, a first aid kit in her hands.

"Help me get him upstairs," she says.

I stand up and place his arm around my shoulders, trying to hold him up as we climb up the stairs and follow Melissa into Scott's room.

I help him over to the bed and he takes a seat. Melissa walks over with one of Scott's shirts and hands it to Stiles, "Here, you can change into this."

"Thanks," He looks up at her with a small smile, she nods and walks out of the room for a minute.

"Let's get you out of those, shall we?"

"You just want to see me naked, don't you?" At least his humor was still intact.

I let out a breathy laugh and grin down at him, "Well, duh."

He chuckles as he changes into the t-shirt.

Melissa comes back into the room shortly after and asks Stiles to lie down on the bed while she examines him.

She passes a flashlight over his eyes and goes to take his pulse but hesitates, afraid of touching him. Stiles looks at her nervously but offers her his wrist letting her check his pulse.

"Well, medically you seem okay," She starts after a moment of silence, "You're definitely a real person."

"Okay, so I'm real but am I really me?" No one answers the question.

"How do we figure that out?" I asked breaking the quiet. Melissa looks down at Stiles and he looks back at her with a knowing expression.

Scott rushes into the room looking stressed. Stiles sits up slowly looking back at him, "Is she here?"

"Yeah," Scott says sounding worried. I glance around at all of them and the puzzle pieces in my brain click.

They were going to let the Oni test him.

"Okay, let's do this," Stiles says as he rises from the bed. He glances at out worried faces for a moment, "Guys, we have to do this."

I didn't like this one bit but he was right. We had to know.