come find me

I sat at the far end of the sofa with my knees up to my chest, my arms resting on top of them and my chin on my arms

      I sat at the far end of the sofa with my knees up to my chest, my arms resting on top of them and my chin on my arms. My father was sitting on the other side of the sofa, his brows furrowed in confusion as he stared at the group in front of him.

I kept my gaze on my dad, waiting for him to lose it at any second. He looked up at Scott after he had finished, "What exactly are these Oni creatures?"

"Demon warriors brought here to find a dark spirit that has possessed someone, they call it a Nogitsune," Scott said looking at me and my dad.

"They eliminate possible suspects by scanning their spirit and if you're not possessed they leave a mark behind," Kira continued. My hand absentmindedly reached up and touched the mark behind my left ear.

"What does the symbol mean?" I asked and they turned to look at me.

"It's the Kanji for self, to-" I cut Kira off.

"Indicate the subject is still itself," She nodded slowly and shot me a halfhearted smile.

"This is insane," My dad suddenly said as he stood up looking around at all of us, "You're talking about demons and dark spirits possessing people as if it's completely normal!"

"Dad, please-"

He ignored me and turned his attention to Kira and Scott, "You need to leave."

"Dad, come on!"

"It's okay, Aspen," Scott said and smiled lightly. I looked over at my father and sighed following my friends to the front door.

"I'm sorry about that, it's not everyday demons come to visit."

"That must've been really confusing for your dad," Kira said sighing.

"Maybe a little," I said and smiled at her, trying to make her feel at least a little better.

Scott's phone interrupted the silence that had taken over and he answered the call with a puzzled expression, "Stiles?"

The static coming from the other line echoed throughout the room and the warm feeling that had risen in my chest suddenly became ice cold.

Scott walked closer to us so we could hear, "Stiles, you there?"

Stiles then whispers, "Scott? Hey, I'm here."

"Stiles, are you okay? Can you hear us?" I asked, voice filled with worry.

"Aspen? I-I don't know," His breathing was shaky, "I don't know where I am or how I got here, I think I was sleepwalking."

"Okay, um, can you see anything?"

"Ah, it's dark, it's hard to see. I think there's something wrong with my-" The line then disconnects.

"No, Stiles? What is going on?" I can feel the anxiety starting to rise. Scott called him back but it went straight to voicemail. After a few tries, Stiles answered.

"I don't think I can get out of here. I can't move."

"Where are you?" Scott pressed.

Stiles sounded so terrified, "I don't know, I don't know. It's too dark. I can't see much and there's something wrong with my leg, it's stuck on something. I think...I think it's bleeding."

"How bad is it?" Scott questioned but only silence came through, "Stiles, are you there? Can you hear me?"

"There's some kind of smell down here. Something smells terrible, it's brutal. My eyes are watering."

I sighed anxiously and looked from Kira to Scott, "We need to call his dad."

Stiles panicked voice echoed, "No, no, no, no, don't!"

"What? But you dad-" He cut me off.

"Please don't call him, promise you won't!"

"But why?"

"He already worries too much about me, just please, Aspen, don't call him."

Panic started forming in all of us and Scott said, "But what if we can't find you? Stiles, I can't make that promise!"

"No, just please, don't call him. He doesn't have to know," Stiles pressed on, "Come find me, you can do it. You can find me."

"I don't know if I can do this," Scott ran a hand nervously through his hair.

"I'm gonna have to call you back, I need to turn the phone off."

"What, Stiles wait!" I grabbed the phone as if that would somehow help.

"I'm gonna call you back," The line went dead after that.

We stared at each other for a moment in silence, then Scott said, "We need to get the others."

Scott's phone started ringing again after we met up with Isaac. I looked at him for a moment longer, thinking back to when Stiles told me about the supernatural.

Scott answered hastily, putting it on speaker, "Stiles?"

"Did you call him? Did you call my dad?"

"No, no we didn't. We're coming to find you, can you figure out where you are?"

"It's a, I think I'm in some basement."

"In a house?"

"No, it looks much bigger, like industrial," Stiles' voice came out shaky, "I think there's a furnace but it's cold. It's freezing down here. I gotta turn the phone off, it's going to die."

"Wait, wait! Can you see anything else? Anything?" I pressed on, trying to get more information on the place.

"The phones dying, I-I can't talk," Stiles then whispered, "I have to go."

"Wait, Stiles, why are you whispering?" I asked, my brows furrowing.

"Because I think there's someone in here with me."