017

"Do you have feelings for Naozane?" Kyoya asked the male neko. The two were standing in the kitchen alone. 

"I don't know. Maybe," Hideji answered. "We still have to talk about it," He paused. Deji pressed his eyebrows together and added, "Why does it matter to you? Do you have feelings for him?" 

"No, I don't. I do not," Kyoya repeated. "I'm only curious," Hideji smirked and rolled his eyes. He placed his hands on his hips. 

"If you do have feelings for him, you should tell him before him and I start getting serious," Hideji hummed. 

"Why are you telling me this?" Kyoya asked. He slightly glared at the boy in front of him. 

"The relationship between me and him is still new. If we ended what we have right now, it wouldn't hurt either of us that much. You have known him for a while. Since last year, right? He's talked about you before. I think my relationship with him grew stronger, you'd be upset. Just talk to him," Hideji said. He walked passed the taller guy and went back to the living room. 

"That idiot," Kyoya rolled his eyes. He froze and frowned slightly and began to think. 

Do I actually have feelings for him? He's a guy; I can't have those sort of feelings. I don't suppose he sees me in that way. I probably annoy the hell out of him; he wouldn't have feelings for me. 

 Naozane's POV~

"You're going home now?" I asked HIdeji. We were sitting in the living room. It was around noon. He nodded and nudged my shoulder as he stood up. 

"I need to talk to you outside real quick," Hideji said. I nodded and followed him out to the porch. "Look, I don't want to hurt you, but..." 

"We can't continue this relationship?" I finished for him. I knew where this was going. He nodded slowly. I let out a small sigh and shrugged. "It's fine, Hideji. I understand."

"You're not a bad guy, Nao. I know you don't like to act like you care, but I can tell you care a lot. We can't be together because I can tell someone else likes you," Hideji said. "Goodbye, Nao." 

"Uh, yeah. Bye, Hideji," I replied awkwardly. I went back inside and sat on the couch next to my sister. I ignored the looks I received from the others. 

"What did you talk about?" Mina asked me quietly. She grabbed my tail and began gently brushing through it. I never really understood if there was a point for that. The hairs on my tail were too small to show the knots that were there. 

"Nothing important," I replied and shook my head. I crossed my arms over my chest and watched as the Tamaki scolded the twins. 

Was what he said actually true? Did someone else here actually like me? I didn't think anyone else here was gay. It doesn't matter; it's probably nothing. 

~*~

The next day at school, I was sitting with Tamaki and Kyoya before class started. "Are you and Hideji dating now?" Tamaki asked me. I shook my head and kept my eyes on the book in front of me. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Kyoya set his book down and turn towards me. "Well, why not? I thought you two were cute together." 

"Well, I don't think we'd work well together. We'd be good friends but not partners," I answered. "Plus, he's not really my type." 

"He's not your type?" Kyoya repeated. I looked up from my book and glanced at him for a second. 

"Yeah," I mumbled. "Blondes aren't my preference. It doesn't matter; we weren't that close." I flipped the page in my book. My eyes quickly scanned the words on the page.