• SUN OCT 14 •

~ do you wanna go home? ~

"Jimin?"

"Jimin!"

"Chim!"

Yoongi followed the river further, calling out and eagerly awaiting a reply. He had found the cave and had found it barren with only a small trail of blood drops leading away from the mouth of the cave. Yoongi had followed them only to fall short when the trail stopped a few feet ahead. He had continued in the same direction until he came to the river where he had continued to follow it down back to where he had left Taehyung and the backup he had called for. Yoongi shone his flashlight ahead, cursing as his boot caught on a root.

"Jimin!"

"Jim-"

The words died on Yoongi's lips.

He lowered the flashlight and took a cautious step forward - his hand rising to cover his mouth as his bile rose in his throat.

He looked so peaceful laying amongst the rocks.

His body looked relaxed; his arms spread out as if awaiting a hug. His head had lolled to the side with his eyes closed and a tranquil smile ghosting the plush, pink lips. His golden skin still held a glimmer of warmth and Yoongi's body moved automatically towards the boy.

Yoongi's hand reached outwards and the policeman pressed against the pulse point with shaky fingers. A broken sob escaped the man's lips as he fell to his knees and hunched over the boy.

This couldn't be real...

Yoongi's breathing became uneven as he stared hard at the boy, his heart slowly breaking as each second passed by.

This couldn't be...

Yoongi knew straight away, of course, what he had found. He didn't want to believe it...but his line of work had burned the images into his head.

Yoongi brushed the hair from the boy's face and pulled the phone from his pocket.

He was broken inside but he needed to be strong - there would be time to mourn later.

Yoongi dialed the number and held the phone to his ear as he forced himself into the mindset he had grown accustomed to when working.

After the first ring the call was answered.

"Hyung?"

"Tae...I found him"