• THURS OCT 11 •

~ there's a place we can all be together where the moon and the stars reside ~

“Were so thankful for your help, Yoongi” The platinum blonde gave the older woman a stern look.

“Officer Min, please. If you had contacted us when the theft took place, Mrs Kim, then we could have done more to help" The woman nodded before being bustled into the car by her husband - a man Yoongi had always loathed.

Yoongi had known the Kim family for years: Jimin was one of his closest friends. So when he got the call that the Kim household had been broken into and their sons kidnapped Yoongi has insisted he deal with the case. As soon as he had arrived at the home, however, he knew something wasn't right. The house was in perfect condition with no signs of forced entry and the parents’ story was vague with too many important details 'forgotten’.

Yoongi had watched Mr Kim the entire time. He was close to Jimin - he knew everything that man had done. The only reason the asshole wasn't in prison was because Jimin didn't have solid evidence: it was his word against his father's.

Yoongi slumped back into his chair and looked at the documents spread out on his desk: the Kim case file, along with five missing persons posters.

Yoongi had been looking into these missing persons before and, looking at them together now, he began to notice something.

“Sehun…” The man stood in front of Yoongi.

“Yes, hyung?” Yoongi pointed to the posters and pushed them closer to Sehun.

“What do you see?” Sehun frowned at the papers and examined them closely.

“...they share the last name? Apart from him” Sehun pointed to the first poster and Yoongi nodded in approval.

“What else?”

“...their ages are similar? The youngest is 21 and the oldest...24?”

“What else?” Sehun met Yoongi’s gaze and shrugged.

“What else is there?” Yoongi sighed.

“Look at their appearances - what do you see?” Sehun’s eyes ran over the features in the photos and couldn't understand what his boss was trying to tell him.

“Sir? I don't understand...they don't look similar?” Yoongi tried not to lose his patience with the younger officer.

“They are all attractive, cute even. The majority have a child-like innocence about them which means that whoever is taking them has a type” Sehun didn't know how he got all that but nodded along anyway, not wanting to anger his boss.

“So now we know that the kidnapper has a preference for 'cute’ men in their early twenties, possibly with the surname Kim” Sehun agreed, still lost.

“Well? Get out and search our database!” Sehun jumped at the volume of Yoongi's voice and scrambled to get himself out of the office. When the younger was gone Yoongi placed his head in his hands and took a calming breath.

He knew Sehun was new to the team and not very experienced - it wasn't his fault he was slow. Yoongi just needed to be patient… He raised his head, holding up the latest poster, and stared at the photo - the photo he had taken only a month ago.

“Jimin...what did you do?” Yoongi ran his thumb over the picture and then looked back to the older posters.

“Where are you?”

~ x ~

I hope your enjoying the story so far! Please don't forget to vote and comment: it keeps me motivated!

~ x ~