Starting a new life for Him

Start from the beginning

I noticed Sakura standing outside Naruto's room. She looked like I felt, empty. I placed a hand of her shoulder catching her attention.

"Natsuki..." She softly spoke.

"Hey, how are you holding up?" I asked. She gave me a look like I'd grown another tail.

"How am I holding up? What about you?"

I forced a smile that only ended up broken as a reply.

"Are you two visiting?" We turned and found Tsunade looking at us and we replied with a nod. I wan't in the mood to pick a fight with the woman.

Tsunade led us into the room and when Naruto's blue eyes meet ours, a look of shame washed over him. The longer Naruto stared at us, the more he looked like he was going to cry. Instead, he chose to look away.

Tsunade discussed Naruto's condition and left with Shikamaru shortly after.

"I'm sorry, Sakura-chan, Natsuki." I felt my heart crumble in guilt as I watched Naruto.

"Why are you apologizing? It's you, so you probably went over board again. Sheesh. You look like a mummy." Sakura said.

"I'm sorry... I.."

"Come on. The weather is nice today so let's open up the curtains..." Sakura was trying to lighten the mood but her tears were a dead give away about how she truly felt.

"I promised, didn't I? I said that I was going to bring Sasuke back. It's the promise of a lifetime." Naruto said.

I walked over to Naruto and pulled him into a hug. "It's okay, Naruto. I'm not sad anymore." I said to the blonde. That was half the truth. I wasn't a sad as I was hurt and angry.

Naruto's grip tightened on the head band that was soaked with Sasuke's scent.

"Naruto, don't worry. I'll make him pay for this, no matter what." I pulled it off as a joke.

What they didn't know was that I was one hundred percent serious.

•••••••••• Normal POV •••••••••••

The village was shrouded in a blanket of darkness. The only light visible was the glow of the street lights as they begun to turn off.

Natsuki finished packing her bags at 4 o'clock in the morning. She had to get out of here. This place holds too many bad memories. Most of them of Sasuke and her. She felt something wet slide down her cheek. Figuring she was crying; she wiped them away aggressively. She won't cry for him anymore. She refused to show how much she cared.

She took one last look at the dark room that held so many wonderful yet painful memories. She placed her hand on her waist and trailed her fingers along until she felt the cool metal of her headband. The headband that proved she was a ninja of Konoha. The headband that proved that she had a home. But what's the point of having a home when it only gives you pain? What's the point in having a home when your family has forgotten you, abandoned you?

She slowly untied the headband and slipped it out of the loops of her pants. She held it in her hand and stared at the engraved metal and sighed, slowly forming a sad smile.

"...It's heavy..." She breaths as another tear stealth's it's way down her face.

Natsuki placed her headband on her dresser before exiting the room. She quietly made her way down the stairs and to the front door. She took one last look at the house she and Sasuke shared before shutting the door with a gentle click of the lock and headed towards the gates of Konoha.