23

Carlisle
The sound of the door opening and smelling our mates scent had me rushing down and grabbing her kissing her fervently. She had been away for three days and though we had spoken on the phone regularly, it still felt like a long time. She kissed me back just as passionately. "I missed you love" I growled against her lips. She smiled and pulled back,"I missed you too." Her other mates and my sons kissed her the same way and she hugged us all. We turned to Klaus and Elijah as they stood smiling at the side. We congratulated Klaus on breaking the curse and he smirked.
We finally settled down and talked about random stuff. Bella and Klaus were discussing the creation of new hybrids. "Since I was not the part of the curse, my blood is enough to change wolves to hybrids but if you want to change them, you will need the doppelgängers blood to change them." The rest of my family had joined us by then and were listening avidly to their conversation. Rosalie seemed a bit uncomfortable and Bella immediately noticed, "Rose are you okay??" Bella asked her concerned and my blond daughter shook her head. "Bella I haven't seen Damon since the funeral of John Gilbert and he was acting strange that day too. I'm afraid." Bella frowned and turned to Stefan who shook his head, confused and worried. Just then, the man in question entered the room and looked at all of us before zooming over to Rose and picking her up ran into one of the rooms. We stared behind them speechless.

Rosalie

My mate placed me on the bed and kissed me fervently. I felt my sane thoughts melt away as Damon's tongue and lips made love to my mouth. His lips created havoc on my senses and I lost myself in my mates world. As we lay naked, I calmed myself and realized that today Damon was a bit different. His love making was different. He was touching me as if doing it for the last time. "What's the matter, Damon? And don't say nothing." He sighed and raised his sleeve as he had worn his shirt during the sex, which was unlike him. The sleeve revealed a nasty purple wound which looked like an animal bite. I gasped and jerked out of bed. "What the hell? What is this Damon?" I asked afraid of what answer I would get.
He looked into my eyes and uttered the words that stopped my heart. "Tyler Lockwood bit me."

Bella
As Damon carried Rosalie upstairs, me and my mates decided to take advantage of the temporary calm and roam about the town for a while. Since they had not seen much of the town, I showed them around telling them about the history and stories associated with it. Jasper, especially, was very interested and curious. Just as we were entered the Grill and saw the doppelgänger and her friends sitting there, I got a call from Rosalie. Surprised I picked up the call, her words turning my surprise to rage. My eyes narrowed on the person responsible for my rage as she said, " Tyler Lockwood bit Damon"