Chapter 17 (Tris)

After I showed the initiates how to throw knives, I stood back with Tobias and watched them. Jaden was struggling terribly with his aim and hit the target maybe once. I grinned evily.

"Jaden, can't you throw in a straight line? Is it that hard?" I taunted the little brat.

 Jaden turned to me, "Well then, why don't you come over and help me out?"

"Does it look like I'm helping anyone?" I shot back. "It shouldn't be that hard if three Stiffs can get it." I was talking about Tobias, Destiny and I, but he didn't know that.

"I only see one Stiff here," Jaden sneared.

I smiled, "I didn't say ALL of them were in your initiate class. Now go pick up that knife and try again."

Everyone stopped throwing, and even though I knew I was being like Eric, I couldn't help myself. Something had to have been seriously wrong with me, "Did I tell any of you to stop!?!?"

The initiates began throwing again, and Jaden refused to get the knife, "But I could get hit."

"Everyone, stop!" I yelled. "Out of the circle! All except Jaden!"

The initiates did as I said, and Tobias walked over to me, "What are you doing?

"The way he aimed the one that was still in his hand, it was going to hit Destiny," I whispered back. "He was spending too much time staring at me, and less time aiming properly."

"Who's throwing?"

"Well, who do you want throwing? Would you like to semi get revenge on the boy who's been staring at your wife? The one who acted like he could get me to cheat?"

"Wait!" Jaden yelled, I had forgotten that he was right next to us. "You're Six's husband!?!?"

"Took you long enough to figure it out, Candor!" Tobias growled. "Now go stand in front of the target."

Jaden gulped and did as he was bid, probably afraid that if he didn't, Tobias would kill him. He grabbed three knives and stood ready. Inhale. Aim. Exhale. Throw. The knife hit just an inch away from Jaden's cheek. The second landed above the first, but half and inch closer. The third knife just barely missed him by the mere width of a strand of hair. We dismissed the initiates for the day and headed to dinner. After visiting Shauna and Xilent, who could go home the next day, we headed off to bed unsure what the next day would bring with the moods I had been starting to get in.

The next day, we started fights, and that went on for the a few weeks until visiting day. Destiny won all of her fights, thankfully, and even made firstin the rankings. Jaden unfortunately started doing better after fights started, and he was in second. Two Dauntless Borns and two Transfers were kicked out, Francis and Brad, but they wouldn't know until after their families spoke to them. My parents and Caleb came to visit. I finally got to see the twins, the council refused to lessen the laws of faction separation. Joseph and Edith were getting close to a year old, and seeing them and seeing Xilent everyday made me want to be a mother even more. Why can't Tobias and I have a baby? I wondered before the unexpected happened.

So, for those who I chat with on Facebook and have already told what I was planning. I decided to speed it up some because I'm an impatient person. I'll still finish Destiny's initiation, but not as in depth as I originally planned. I hope you enjoy.