6

So we're back in the Leaf. A couple hours before Gaara was taken.

Third Person POV

"Thank you for the food!" The three say in unison.
[Name] begins shoveling food in her mouth. Shikamaru takes a bit and is amazed. He begins asking the man the contents of the delicious dumpling. Temari just shuffles her dumplings around in the plate. Something seems to be bothering her, but no one noticed as they are distracted.

[Name] turns to Temari, "What's going on are you not hungry?" She asks almost choking on the large amount of food in her mouth.

Catching Shikamarus' attention he asks if everything alright.

"Something's just not right." She says whole looking down at the food and she squishes it. The wind is howling outside pushing the paper lanterns around

"What's the matter?" [Name] asks.

"I have a feeling something isn't right." Temari replies.

"Yeah I do too now that you mention it." [Name] totally forgot about her strange feeling after the food came out. She is now feeling a little worried.

"We have to go soon, [Name]. Very soon." Temari looks her in the eye, [Name] doesn't hesitate to agree.

"I'll finish organizing the papers for the exams. You two should get going." Shikamaru says.

They finish up there meal and say goodbye to Shikamaru, leaving him alone at the dumpling shop.

Reader POV

Temari and I gather our things and head for the gate.

"Let's make this quick, no time for rest. We must get back to the village as quickly as possible." Termari says.

"Right." I agree.

We approach the gate a give our reason for leaving and run in the direction of the village.

It takes about two and a half days to get the the Sand. We'll be able to take off some time of we don't rest.

"Temari, how long do you think it will take to get back to the village?" You ask.

"Well I'm sure you already know it takes two and a half days to get there, that's if we rest. If we pursue the entire route without stopping I estimate our arrival in about 43 hours. Almost 2 days." Temari explains to you.

"That's still a long time."

"I know. I'm afraid we won't make it in time."

The wind is strong, leaves cutting through the air.

Kankuro... I hope you're okay.

-In the Sand-

Kankuro POV

Arrows continue to fly to the dark sky towards the enemy. It doesn't seem to be working it out because every arrow misses and explodes in the air.

"They could hit Lord Kazekage! Tell them to cease fire immediately!" Baki orders as the arrows continue to move closer to Gaara.