4

Back in the Sand Village

Kankuro POV

Man I miss her... How long will she be gone this time. I think to myself in my room. A couple weeks at the most, but it kills me every time she's gone. I just wish I could say something to her. Sometimes I feel like I'm only her friend, but I want something more.

-Knock knock-

"Who's there?" I asked as who ever was behind the door that pulled me from my thoughts.

"Kankuro, outside is an intruder. Please come." He said, at first I didn't believe him.

He tells me about something strange that came overtop the village and started attacking.

"What do you mean something strange in the village?" I asked him as I came out from my room and we went down the hall towards Gaara's office.
"Captain Yura was supposed to have tightened village security." I continued.

"Actually... We have been unable to reach Captain Yura." He explained.

"What?" I asked him angrily.

We reached Gaara's office.
"Gaara, you in there?" I open the door to an empty office, "Where on earth could he be?"

"Kankuro!" I heard my name called out from behind me, "my Lord, the Kazekage is fighting in the sky above the village."

"WHAT?! He's fighting in the-"
I cut myself off to run to the nearest window to search for Gaara. I am shocked to see my little brother on his sand in the sky staring down an enemy.

"Gaara." I whisper to myself.

-short time skip brought to you by Gaara's sand-

Me and five other men run out the check on Gaara. We stop to look up at the sight of the One Tails arm in sand form getting blown up. Gaara continues to chase the enemy, but he's fast. Gaara is having a hard time catching up to him. The enemy seem to be riding some kind of bird. Nothing from around here.
Explosions are going off left and right. Blowing off sand arms. All I can do is watch.

-another time skip brought to you by Kakashi sensei resisting makeout tactics-

Two small objects fly in Gaara's direction. He tries to catch them before they get too close, but he was too late...

-BOOM!-

"Gaara!" I yell, wondering if he's alright. Smoke covers the sky. Blocking the vision of my little brother. Once the smoke clears
I look up to see a ball of sand where Gaara used to be. Then a giant wave of sand come up behind the enemy.

Get him Gaara.

I smirk, my little brothers' got this.

"It's all over." I smirked, or so I thought, "Hold on."

Another explosion busts through the sand prison, and here comes the enemy full speed towards the village. Suddenly a stream of chakra infused sand whips through the air to launch him back in.
This guy is fast. He flung something and created a bird and got out of the way of the giant sand prison.

"That idiot huh. No one escapes
Gaara's sand." I chuckled.

-small time skip featuring Team Kakashi-

"Kankuro." I hear a familiar voice from behind me, it was Baki. I turn around to see him and three other men jump on to the top of the building.