2

It took you and Temari three days to get to the Leaf village. Those days felt so long. Sleeping on the ground wasn't the best thing on the body. You guys approached the gate and you felt so relieved.

"Hey guys welcome back." Izumo said while the two men waved.

"Hey Izumo, Kotetsu. How's the village?" You asked waving back.

"It's been going very well." Izumo replied.

"It would be a lot better if we had a certain Jonin around." Kotetsu said laughing.

"Yeah I know, but I like traveling with Temari." You laughed looking at Temari.

She smiled and waved at the men.

"Let's go we have to meet up with Shikamaru in a little bit." She said.

"Okay, see you two later." You smiled and waved at them.

"Okay see you around." They said in unison.

You walk out into the heart of the village. People greeting you from every corner.

"Hey [Name]!" You hear a voice call from the distance.

It was a pink haired lady running towards you. You could quite make out who it was... It was Sakura!

"Hey Sakura!" You waved.

She approached you and Temari. "Did you hear Naruto's back in town?"

"No I didn't! That's great news!" You said happily.

Naruto has always been a great friend to you. So you wanted to see him as soon as possible.

"Where's he at?" You asked Sakura.

"I think he's at home now. I'd go check. He's been asking about you." She replied.

"Okay I'll go and see if he's there." You smiled. "Hey, umm Temari..."

"Go ahead and find him." She smiled. "It's been three years."

"Thanks Temari." You hugged her and ran to find Naruto.

-timeskip- 

After about 20 minutes of searching for your yellow haired friend. You found him outside of Ichiraku. You two grabbed a couple of bowls and caught up. You were lucky the bowls were on the house. You were both flat broke. You said goodbye for a little bit and he ran up to Hokages office. After your delicious lunch you went searching for Temari.

If I were a Sand shinobi, where would I hide...?

-small-ish timeskip-

It took a while you you caught up with Temari and Shikamaru on the pathway to the Hokages office.

"Hey Shikamaru! How've you been lately?" You asked the Nara clan resident.

"Well it's been boring around here without you and Naruto around. Everything's a drag." He replied lazily.

"Cheer up. I'm back now and so is Naruto." You gave him a thumbs up.

"Really? Naruto's back in town? We'll probably run into him at the office. I heard Kakashi-sensei talking about going on a mission later. I didn't ask about any details." He explained.

"Yea he said he was going up there to meet with Sakura and Kakashi-sensei." You said.

"Well I wonder how much our 'number one knuckle-head ninja' has grown up." He smiled, shoving his hands in pockets.

You all laughed.

You guys made it to the Hokages office after hearing all the complaining from Shikamaru about how many stairs there were, and how life's a drag and he wishes he were like a cloud.

Shikamaru knocked on the door.

"Enter." We heard from the other side of the door.

"Hey Lady Tsunade, hey Naruto." Shikamaru said as he walked in.

"Hey Shikamaru it's been a while!" Naruto said joyfully.

"I guess it has." Shikamaru said.

"So what are ya here for?" Naruto asked.

"I'm actually here for papers about the Chunin exams." Shikamaru explained.

"Oh wow that's great..." Naruto started off joyfully then slowly quitted down realizing he's still a Gennin.

"Cheer up Naruto!" You said. "You can become a Chunin if you decide to do the exam."

"Yeah I guess." He had a slump on his face.

"Anyway, Lady Hokage? May I receive the papers?"

"Why yes you can Shikamaru." She said and she opened a drawer and pulled out a stack of papers.

*sigh* that's a lot of paper

Sweat drops begin to form on you, Temari, and Shikamaru.

"Thank you. I'll get these done as quick as I can." Shikamaru said as the papers were handed to him.

"See ya later Naruto." We said as we walked out.

"I'll see you around." He said.