Adrien glanced over at him. “What’s so funny?”

The vampire shook his head. “Nothing. It’s just amusing how humans perceive vampires without ever meeting one.”

Adrien peeked over at what he was reading. “But it’s true.”

Sebastian closed the book and raised a brow. He held out his hand, palm facing up. “Touch my hand.”

Adrien scowled.

“I’m not going to hurt you. Jeez louise.” He took Adrien’s hand and placed it in his palm. “What do you feel?”

The coldness of Sebastian’s skin made Adrien slightly shudder. Although he had expected it to be ice cold, it wasn’t. It was more of a crisp cold. 

“Cold.” He replied. He tried to pull his hand away, but the vampire kept his hand in place.

“What else do you feel?”

He gently pressed Adrien’s finger into his palm, and a small warmth could be felt. It was faint, but nonetheless, it was there. Although, Adrien expected that is was his own heat radiating off and warming Mr. Belmont’s hand.

Adrien looked up at him. “Why are you doing this?”

“To show you that not all that you read is true.” He let go of the boy’s hand then stood. “Please don’t try to commit suicide while I'm gone. I would hate to clean up your corpse.”

Adrien scowled at the playful statement, then glanced at his mythical creature book. While Sebastian was gone, the redhead cried. That stupid thing, why was it even here now in his presence? Why did Mr. Belmont save it?

Why, why couldn’t it just burn? Why couldn’t Adrien just die?

Why couldn’t the world just end?!

But he had to admit, his soul did feel a bit enlightened after telling Mr. Belmont where the book came from.

“Here you go.” Sebastian came back in with a tray of warm tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich and placed it on the coffee table. Adrien wiped his tears and look at the soup skeptically.

Sebastian groaned. “It’s not poisoned, for heaven's sake. I’m not going to let you starve.” He sat down in an armchair and picked up a book laying on the small table nearby.

“It’s always nice seeing you, Father.” Richard’s voice came from upstairs. Sebastian looked up and peered passed the archway as Gabriel came down the stairs with his suitcase in hand.

Setting the book down, Sebastian stood and joined his brother. “Where are you going Father?”

“Back to France. An urgent call from the clan. The Sanctum can’t seem to handle the clan by themselves. I’ll be back in four months.” He glanced at Sebastian. “You have better find ‘The Child’ then or punishment will be served.”

“I already have a punishment.” Sebastian tapped on his right shoulder. “I’m dying, remember?”

Gabriel pressed his lips together, then existed outside followed by Richard. Sebastian watched as his father and brother got into the car, then happily closed the door. “Finally! I thought he would never leave.”

“Don’t celebrate just yet, my friend.” Agnés suddenly appeared behind him, causing him to jump.

“You’re still here?” Sebastian asked, astounded. “I thought you left.”

Agnés calmly shook his head. “No, not yet. I eavesdropped on that phone call your father made. He plans to have the boy kidnapped.”

Sebastian raised a brow skeptically.