Found Him

Alex laid still surrounded by the swam of people, all individually trying to sit him up and help him while they all await for an ambulance. The people looked around in hopes to find people who may know Alex, in case any last words were in need of being said if the ambulance didn't make it in time. People looked around yelling for more people to check Alex, to see if any of them know him, or if they know anyone who may know family members of Alex. He stayed still on the floor, only slightly moving his head slowly.

Oscar and Anne had heard all of the commotion from their hotel room, whatever was happening was serious enough to start a large panic with the local people. They wandered outside the hotel, Anne's hand in Oscar's as they made their way to the crowd of people. The crowd was across the road from where they stood, yet they didn't want to get any closer. Oscar was afraid it was something that would have scarred Anne so he chose to stay on their side of the road as they continued look onward at the crowd surrounding the mysterious, injured man.

With whatever strength he was willing to gather, Alex stood shakily. He wanted to stop saying surrounded so he asked the people to give him some room so he could stand, no matter how weak and dazed he felt. Oscar squinted his eyes at the man as the lights by the side of the road turned green, to indicate the cars were free to drive. Oscar's vision was being impaired by the people surrounding the man. Until they all suddenly stepped back, Oscar's eyes widened at the realisation of who the man was. His state now stunned as he shook.

Anne looked upward at Oscar in confusion to why he was in such a state of shook. She then looked onward at the man across the road, only to also recognise who the man was. It was her dad. Her face welled with tears as she escaped the grasp of Oscar, who immediately yelled for her to come back. Alex recognised the voice that let out the shout only to now notice his husband standing across the road from him. His attention shifted swiftly to Anne as she ran with tears streaming down her face closer to the road. "No."

Alex muttered the word under his breathe as her stared at Anne as she ran, Oscar behind her. But not fast enough to catch up to her. Alex limped with all he had toward the road only to notice a car travelling at a fast speed arriving closer to where Anne was about to run. His eyes widened at the realisation as Anne began to run across that specific plot of the road, the car speeding toward her.

"ANNE!" He yelled as he reached his hand out. All he heard was a scream. A short burst of fear. The squeals of the tires differ away as Alex slowly over to Anne. Oscar quickly beside him. Alex didn't give Oscar a look as his attention was drawn to his daughter. Her chest wasn't moving. Not a single breathe was escaping her mouth. Alex broke down and held his daughter's head in his hands. He held her against his chest, like when she was young. Oscar looked away and sat on the concrete, which had the fresh tire marks burned into it, he cried to himself as Alex held Anne in his arms. Alex then kissed her head and laid beside her.

The ambulance picked up both Alex and Anne. Alex was still yet to make more eye contact with his estranged husband, he was silent the entire ride to the hospital. He simply waited for the ambulance to get to the hospital quicker. Before he knew it he was being rushed inside to the emergency room where they were quick to put him under anesthetic. Oscar stood up and made his way to the hotel in utter silence after the ambulance had left. He made it to his room and called Faith because he needed the support from her right now.

Him and Faith drove to the hospital, both of them in complete silence on the way there. Oscar was more so in a state of disbelief and sadness as he glared at the road in front of him. He cursed under his breathe after every car he passed, he wasn't sure how to react except go to the hospital and then give Alex a visit. They arrived at the hospital and waited for the surgery on Alex to wrap up. But then, after hours of waiting, they walked into his hospital room and saw a man, not Alex. Someone else.

Despite Oscar believing it was a mix up and they were in the wrong room, he noticed the eyes of the man. He knew, that this man was Alex. Alex was now bald, had half an arm, and had stitches covering his body. He looked toward the wall of his room, silent as a woman he had never met before stood in the same room as him and his husband. Oscar was quick to explain who she was and what role she served while he thought Alex was dead. Alex barely even flinched at the things said by his husband.

Faith stepped forward and whispered to Oscar about how it may be the last time to tell him about the affair. None of them knew if Alex was going to make it, so Oscar decided to explain to Alex what had happened between him and Faith. Alex simply raised his head as tears sprung from his eyes. His gazed met the two people, one he loved and trusted, the other he didn't even know. He looked them dead in the eye and told them to get out. After everything that had happened to Alex today, that was the last straw to make him snap.

Alex closed his teary eyes and he fell asleep with a struggle in his brain and pain in his heart.